So Caroline, Rita and myself got together and talked about what printed materials could contribute towards LOTE3 achieving three things:
- Discover clear and actionable aims that we have in common with others
- Find people to collaborate with to achieve those goals
- Make the different goals, initiatives to achieve them and hidden resources we already have accessible online in forms that invite more engagement, collaboration and action from more people.
We initially started talking about outcomes we would like to see like people having spoken and interacted with people they didn’t know before, or prototyping new ways of making the interests, resources and abilities already available in the Edgeryders community visible. After some back and forth we came to the conclusion that what drives a lot of this happening is clear aims- things that people get excited about getting involved in. At first we thought about just printing talk to me bubbles, but realised that If you ask me what I want at the beginning of the event, it’s probably very different from what I would say after. Because of all the new impressions, conversations, connections etc.
So we are thinking of the printed materials as support to all the participants in a process that leads to our leaving the unMonastery already collaborating in realising things we are super excited about. Both with people who were physically there AND online with others who couldn’t make it this time. We have come up with a list of materials to produce with links to the files to modify if we have them (from previous events). While in South Africa I came up with a visual metaphor to explain what Edgeryders is/does that is also consistent with the logotype. The circle is the core element in it so it would be nice to have it as a basic form in the materials.
We also need to think about what instructions we need to give to participants on arrival and in the opening presentation so they can use the materials effectively to support our all having a generative LOTE3 which benefits us and others far after we leave Matera back to daily life again…
- Template for documentation of sessions, ideally as an entry to the UnMonasterian's Cookbook.
- Question trying to solve
- 5 conclusions
- mind map / drawing of what was said
- most tweeted content
- Form: could be a modified version of this A5 Folded Booklet containing: Program + Session documentation form (with instructions & questions to answer) + Poster
- Round Stickers (Caroline's first version here): like Jay Cousin's " talk to me about" stickers but round with following questions:
- What do you want Egderyders to achieve?
- How do you think we can get there?
- How do you want to contribute?
- Collaboration Cards + Database: With fields people can fill in. Card can then be scanned with entries fed into database (check out camcard app to get idea)
- BIG Circle Papers for putting on the floor
- Photo Stickers of participants (one pack with all faces for each person to be recieved on registration)
- Directory of participants to make it easy to find new people you want to talk to
Want to help?