Coordination Group 2024

Hello @reef-coordination,

I would like to exchange with all of you on the key priorities for every Team for the next three months. This does not require a meeting where everybody is present and can hopefully be a good substitute for a Coordination Group meeting in the next week.

I have listed my own ideas in the agenda document, but please feel free of course to add your own so that we can use this list as to structure our talk.

Could you please message me on Signal to see whether we can find a 30 minute time slot for a quick discussion?

Also: @ugne, I will be on a break in the week of the 13th. Would you have space to take on the organisation of the Coordination Group, or would you prefer to reschedule it?

2 Likes

Will do!

I think this might be the place to raise a couple of points:

Lie - is the plenary agenda for July onwards included in your agenda-setting that we discussed in Team R&O the other day?

And in light of how complicated it has been recently, do you need any help after Sunday to find roles and teams for new Associate Members?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Chris. Both are on my radar and work-in-progress.

1 Like

Yes, would definitely prefer to reschedule.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I can’t make the Coordination Group meeting on the 13th. Although, I’m not sure if we were still aiming for that, as I see above that @Lee is on break that week and @ugne said something about rescheduling.

If you’re both actually available for it, I guess it could go ahead. Maybe with another couple of Full Members representing inclusion and facilitation?

If you’re not actually available the 13th, let me know here and I’ll set up a poll to reschedule…

Hi @reef-coordination
I suggest we reschedule, but i also understand the timing is an issue, as we have the plenary on Monday, 17th June. At the same time, i feel the agenda for that plenary is looking pretty good, so the question is when we could meet and what would be the purpose?

1 Like

@ugne @Lee
maybe an extra point to add to the agenda of the next plenary…
The architects will be sending us a proposal of a contract next week. We probably should discuss this so TB can get back to them with remarks and questions. Unless you see this discussion possible purely via ER…

1 Like

For the Coordination Group meeting I would like to schedule a meeting in the week of the 24th. Any date is good, as long as there can be a well informed member from Teams Finance, Building, Inclusion and Recruitment & Onboarding. @ChrisM could you take care of a poll?

Until then I have listed a couple of points for the attention of the different teams, in the Coordination Group agenda document. If one way or another we can find a time slot for a one-on-one with @ugne and @els, that would be amazing, otherwise so be it.

As for the contract with the architects: I would leave this to Team Building and Team Finance, and then - in function of how urgent it is - bring it to the attention of Team Reef for consent.

3 Likes

Here’s the poll for the next Coordination Group meeting on the week of the 24th:

• Tuesday 25 June (evening)
  • Wednesday 26 June (evening)
  • Thursday 27 June (evening)
  • Sorry, can’t make any of those dates
0 voters

3 Likes

If there would be a Full Members meeting on the 26th, @ugne can you please find someone for the 25th?

1 Like

The Full Members meeting is indeed taking place on the 26th now, so this Coordination Group meeting will be on the 25th…

1 Like

Hi @reef-coordination !

Most of the minutes and action points from tonight’s Coordination Group meeting are available now (Login – Nextcloud).

@RichardB - could you add your bullet points for Team Finance to the reports section.
@Sophie_B - could you add the bullet points for Team Inclusion (that you sent Ugne) to the same section.
@Lee - not sure if you want to add anything to the Coordinator part?

Also @Lee - there’s one action point that involves asking a question to the coach. @Sarah is the person to clarify that with, if needed.

@ugne - there’s a few possible agenda points for the plenary on 1 July, but we may need to discuss which ones to include and if there are any other priorities. Let’s have a chat before the end of the week so we can get a plenary post up and running…

2 Likes

Will do next week!

1 Like

Hi @reef-coordination !

I think it might be good to make a plan regarding how to schedule the agenda points for the plenary meetings and Full Members dinners in the next 4-5 weeks, particularly in terms of ‘ordering’.

Here’s what I see with regard to the events in question, and what has tentatively been attributed to them in various other threads and meetings (there is a list of agenda items that ‘need a home’ at the end):

15 Jul - Full Members meeting

• Review associate and full membership applications
  • Revisit ‘Mark-up for people joining later’ proposal
  • Commitment and sharing the workload

23 July - plenary meeting

• The building budget and the safety margin (Lee)
  • Accessibility of the buildings (Team Inclusion)
  • The number of inclusive units (Team Inclusion)
  • Mark-up for people joining later (Team Finance)
  • Budget Q3-4 (Team Finance)
  • Contract with the architects (Team Building)

TBD - Final common spaces workshop

• Form proposal for what to tell the architects re common spaces mid-August

14 August - plenary meeting

• Consent to proposal for what to tell the architects re common spacess mid-August

Items to be slotted in somewhere:

• Common languages discussion
  • Number of elevators
  • What to tell architects about apartment ratio (can we ask for more 2s then 1s then 3s?)
  • Paying for extra common space
  • SoSim board selection

Finally, it’s worth noting that at the last plenary meeting, it was pointed out that we might need to revert back to a two-weekly frequency for them. As there’s another Full Members dinner and a plenary at the end of August, I think we’re probably covered for the summer, but might be worth thinking about for September onwards…

4 Likes

Could this maybe become a joint @reef-building and inclusion task?

And wouldn’t this be what the discussion would be mainly about?

1 Like

It seems to me this topic is strongly linked to ‘do we want to spend more money on the common spaces and if so, how much and on what do we want to spend it: elevators and/or sth else’. For me that’s a reef-finance topic. I don’t see how reef-building can help with that.
With the common helping circle ‘common spaces’ reef-facilitation/reef-building we’ve established several possibilities:

• foresee elevators in all building, at a price of 70000 euro/elevator and some loss of space for units
  • only foresee the shafts for now, this wouldn’t be a great cost (only the loss of the m2 of units) and foresee the elevators at a later point in time
  • foresee chair-or wheelchair elevators in the staircases of asterix/idefix, and thus maybe having to foresee a bit larger staircases as normal, which would probably cost a little bit (little loss of m2 of units). The minimum cost we would need to do now, is foresee some larger staircases (maybe), and then later we can choose when to finance /install the chair- or wheelchair elevators
  • keep it as foreseen on the plans right now: one elevator in Obelix, nothing else in the other buildings

@Sophie_B : do you have any idea what the demand is of e.g Oaktree towards the accessibility? Is it elevators, or can it be staircase elevators?

If we don’t have the answer on the ‘do we have extra budget for the common spaces’ for the architects, i am afraid it’s going to be either

• ‘try to make the best out of the commons spaces currently foreseen’
  • or postpone the delivery of ‘Le program common spaces’ to the architects by the 15/08, and thus further postpone the whole planning

As it’s holiday’s ideally this topic should be addressed in the plenary of the 23rd of July or in the full members meeting of coming Monday, so people on holiday now, can have there say still when they come back

(maybe in one of the next meetings, we can get a feeling of where the group would like to go with the above mentionned options, taking into account the current situation we’re in. And then see where we could get the money from, if needed)

Thanks a lot for that @ChrisM.

For the planning of all the topics that we need to discuss I would like to organise a Coordination Group meeting shortly, so that we can get an overview and a planning from now until the end of September. I’ll post about that soon.

For the frequency of the plenary meetings I will shortly make a post with a proposal.

Many of the topics you list are dependent on the budget. Here too I will make a post with a proposal on how to go about this, which will include an approach to the questions about the elevators and the common spaces.

For the accessibility / elevators thingy I worry that we would spend a lot of time overthinking it while essentially all the arguments are already on the table. @Sophie_B would it work for you if I’d make a first draft and then pass it on to Team Inclusion?

Sharing some thoughts, but can be discussed again in the meeting.

I would say this is a priority, as it would be needed for feedback to the architects end of august. I think we can probably do without up to then, and just work on possible scenarios “if we have extra money we would do this, then that…”

This can be in september I would say, as incorporation won’t be before then…

Absolutely, thanks @Lee!

Hi @reef-coordination , hi team leads,

As mentioned to most of you, in order to approve budget estimations for July December 2024, i would kindly ask you for the following:

• Talk to your team and identify the main things your team budget will cover throughout July – December (the more detailed possible)

• Team lead to go to budget estimation doc here and ensure that columns D (July – December budget) and G (main items July -December) are completed. Columns G (main items) will serve as a place where we can go back and justify our expenses

• Should in the future, one of the team would like to cover a budget that is NOT within description (not in column G – main items), the “Unexpected expenses” process will have to be followed. More about that on Alberto’s post here

Note Lie’s post here as well.

We need to present this at the next plenary , so it would be great you could check and complete the table by Friday this week.

Thanks
ugne