Coordination Group

Hi @Lee
There is nothing much yet to present on team’s finance front. The most important thing is the status on the societé simple, but i haven’t yet got the answer from the notary. And even if i do by Wednesday, it can be a simple post, it won’t be a presentation. I will however double check with team finance.

1 Like

Hey @Lee, I guess you saw already that after all, Team Building does not have much to report - Julien won’t be there tomorrow and considers the scouting documents a first draft.

@reef-coordination,

It’s been since the 7th of June that we organised our last meeting. Shall we plan another one, if only to take stock of where we are?

Here’s a quick poll, for an online meeting from 8 to 9:30 pm:

• Monday 17 July
  • Thursday 20 July
  • None of these dates are possible for me

0 voters

As none of these dates are possible for me, happy to write a written report for my teams… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there!
I’m still tagged in the coordination group, but I’m not sure anymore if I am part of it since team Gov is on pause?? I assume I’m not, so I’m not filling the poll in…

Just so you know, we already have a finance meeting on Monday, 17 July.

1 Like

Hi @Sarah,

If you’d like to be untagged here, that’s fine with me, but in a way I think it would be good if you stay in the loop, because I think we will have to relaunch Team Governance shortly for a couple of issues.

1 Like

Fine by me!

1 Like

@reef-coordination,

It seems like it’s hard to bring people together because many people will be on leave, so I propose that for now we try to solve things in writing and through bilaterals. When everybody is back, we could then organise a meeting in the week of 21 August?

Here are some points to get us until there …

1. Points for the draft agenda of the next plenary
  • Scouting: progress report (Team Building)

• How many squares have been scouted since the last time

• How many fiches have been filled in and evaluated

• How is the current system going and do we need to make any changes?

• Simple and transparent presentation of all the fiches that have been evaluated + the sites for which we did a pre-feasibility study

• Feasibility: first pilot => update (Team Building)

• Role description for the site purchase negotiators (Lie)

• Société simple: state-of-play (Team Finance)

Does this work for everybody? Any other points to be added?

I have also updated our Excel file with the longer term planning: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/28617

2. Tasks for the next period

(As we didn’t get the chance, this list is just a suggestion. Where needed I propose we pick this up in quick bilaterals)

• Finalisation of the statutes of the société simple (Team Finance + Legal)

• Scouting: making progress on every step of the process (scouting, fiches, feasibilty studies) (Team Building)

• Recruitment & Onboarding: new presentation (probably on 13/09)

• Facilitation: getting trained

• Governance:

• Review of the Governance Document

• Selection processes for the different “management groups” for the société simple?

Any important points that I missed?

4 Likes

thanks Lie, i am going to draft soon a newsletter for the outer community with a training on deep democracy, the presentation event on the 13 / 09 and a call for help in scouting :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe bilateral needed here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @reef-coordination,

If possible, it would be great if we could have a coordination meeting towards the end of August.

Could you please fill in this poll to see whether we can find a date?
https://framadate.org/8aJlgsITRzROqR4i

Many thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the swift reply @reef-coordination! Let’s organise a meeting on the 23rd of August then.

2 Likes

I would like to experiment with a new way to set our agenda and draft the minutes in one go. For this I made a list of points team by team.

No need to fill it right now, but please feel welcome to have a look if you have the time. This is the link: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/28625

See you in a bit!

3 Likes

Thanks for the very productive meeting. I have now updated the minutes, which I curated a bit for the sake of readability.

I made a section with action points, and another one with highlights that can be used to brief back to your teams.

@reeflings: the Coordination Group is a meeting where the Coordinators of the key teams get together to brief each other and to map the way forwards. So if you would like to get an overview on everything that is going on the different teams, the best entry point is the agenda document (see p. 3): https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/28625

Small note: I am tagging all Reeflings, because this has been requested in the past (need for more overview and transparency). That implies however that you will now receive notifications (on the top right) for the rest of eternity. If you would like to change that, you can use the button at the very bottom. There you can choose “normal”, so that you only get notifications when you are tagged.

5 Likes

Here’s a couple of points, all of them with some sort of request for action:

1. Draft agenda for the next plenary meeting
  2. Budget review
  3. Tasks and teams for new Reeflings
  4. Next Coordination Group meeting

1. Draft agenda of the next plenary meeting

I prepared a draft, which is of course open to suggestions and feedback. Internal link: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/51325

@ugne and @Sophie_B: could you please have a look at the suggested points for your teams, and amend the agenda as you see fit? TIA!

2. Budget review

If we stick to our ambition to do quarterly budget reporting and review, we have one coming up at the plenary of 15 October.

If you would like to ask for money for something that you hadn’t foreseen, can you please bring it up by then?

Here’s the internal link to our current budget: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/64125

3. Tasks and teams for new Reeflings

TL;DR:

Can you please have a look at the table linked below, and amend it as you see fit by next Tuesday 19/09? After that I would like to move on and see whether we can involve more newlings in the stuff that we are doing.

Full story:

As discussed at the Full Members meeting, it would be good to increase the involvement of certain newlings into the work that we are doing.

My proposal in this regard would be that we try to do the following:

1. Give all the tasks that can easily be done with a manual or without prior knowledge to the newlings (and make sure they get a “task buddy”). This way we create greater involvement for newlings and a more bearable workload for some oldlings.
  2. Invite 2-3 newlings to attend the meetings of some of our heavy duty teams, so that they can start to feel familiar with the stuff that we are doing.

Given that the deadline for some of the newlings is ticking and also that this is included in my role description, I would like to propose to move on with this ASAP.

To this end I have prepared a table with a provisional list of tasks and teams where we can get newlings involved. This is the internal link: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/87881

Can you please have a look at this, see whether you agree, and amend it as you see fit?

When that is done - can we say by Tuesday 19/09? - I would like to create a post and suggest to some of the newlings whether they could have a look and see whether there is something that they would be willing to take on.

4. Next Coordination Group meeting

• Agenda: I would like to continue to experiment with a co-created agenda + structured way of listing points. Can you please have a look at our agenda document (internal link) and add your points ahead of the meeting?

• Quick reminder: Ideally we create a back-and-forth between your teams and the coordination meeting, so if you can, please report to your team the essence from the coordination meeting, and collect points with your team mates that you would like to bring to the coordination meeting.

• Poll to plan a new meeting: (all time slots would be 8 to 9:30)

• Friday 29/09
  • Monday 02/10
  • Tuesday 03/10
  • Wednesday 04/10
  • Tuesday 10/10
  • None of these dates work for me
0 voters
2 Likes

Could we add 15 minutes to the first item (Scouting progress report) to do a round where we get feedback from each household about how their scouting is going, so that we can think well about how to maintain momentum (which I have the impression is flagging a bit at the moment)?

If we haven’t spent all of our team budget for this quarter, does it roll over, or do we come up with a figure for the next quarter regardless of how much we spent or didn’t in the last one?

Could we add a column at the end for potential ‘task buddies’?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi all, hi @ChrisM
I have very full two working days with my boss from the UK visiting with work dinners etc so I will be able to read this and go through documents (and I want to do it well) on Wednesday morning. Is it still ok?
Apologies for the delay, but can’t manage otherwise.

2 Likes

Hey @Lee, I have added the links for the pre-feasibility studies to vote on - and deleted the “Kersbeek” item for now (no news from the architects on that - and if they get back to us by the plenary, I assume it would be part of the update anyway). Maybe those freed up minutes could indeed be used to create momentum for the scouting - good idea, @ChrisM!

As for the tasks, I have added one (checking websites) for Team Building.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the input!

Just a quick heads up that I have a bit too much on my plate these days (Reef, work and private life), so I hope to catch up on the most important tasks this Friday.

@ugne @Sarah @Sophie_B and @ChrisM can we pencil in 10/10 at 8 pm for the next meeting?

3 Likes