DRAFT / EdgeRyders hiring a local connector: mobilize your community and host a participatory event about citizen wellbeing in Europe

I have no idea, I don’t even know why this post went out already as we didn’t work on the host yet and finalize the descriptions, but I think Inge is creating the events or maybe Filip.

The stories are great and candidates are wonderful, so I want to hire someone tomorrow ideally and get Poland really rolling. Then I can move on to building Czech, as Serbia is slowly building itself (I found one more candidate who will apply within 12 days)

Yes it does, when @natalia_skoczylas and @inge adds the event links it is ready to go. Can you guys work together to get this done in the next day or so?

OK, I’m here all day, let’s see when Inge is around. What about the call about the connector? @Nadia, do you want to be involved in the selection or you’re leaving it to me? That’s not a problem, I just want to know

I want to have the process happen in the open on the platform. So that others can hop in and ask questions as we always do. Then you and I discuss and make a decision together.

hey, here :slight_smile: ! so, how can I help? (also, can I edit the wording a little bit?)

Please add suggestions, sure! @inge

Where is the Czech translation?

I think I’d like your help with creating the fb events and then sending them out to the org we found - but first, let me know when the edited version is ready

I added the remuneration and time estimated for work. We will translate it all into Czech when this DRAFT is final!

just to get it clear: fb event pages for edgeryders FB, correct?

1 Like

Yes, for the Czech locations- see here: POPRebel Tour

If you put together the texts in English we can send you the translation in Czech, with @Jirka_Kocian.
(they can have a bilingual description).

In those event pages we can then share stories from the platform, the connector call etc.

1 Like

Hey, I think the text is good (even though I am not the most relevant personto evaluate it:) just to make sure, we agreed I will not be translating the call, right?

I’ve run it through the app, can you check and correct please inthis document?
Thank you!

I am basically done editing it, we only need to add the links. One point for discussion - I am not sure about using “konektor” as anglicism. It is valid as we explain what it means, nevertheless, would you think about an English synonym we could use as base of translation of the job’s denomination:)?

1 Like

If you find a word in Czech that is more suitable that’s perfect. Think ‘mobilizer’, ‘energiser’, ‘emgager’, outreach person, community event planner. Although planner is maybe not enough… It needs to signal that they will bring people in.

So, I am done, I tried to comply with the original formatting, links, etc. There are three more things I commented on in the doc before we go out with it.

I maybe found an alternative for “kontektor” being “mediátor” (it means exactly what you think:), do you find it acceptable? The rest in the doc, ready to finalize it today.

1 Like

Yes please. You can post it in the Czech forum, okay ? Thanks!! Well done… And off we go to search :slight_smile:

Cool, I only have to fromat it all again, since it does not want to accept the g-doc format, will do it a bit later.

Here is the link to the topic @noemi @natalia_skoczylas

1 Like

Amazing, will start working on it today;) thank you

And a small reminder, @Jirka_Kocian, please send me a tip or two for places to meet in Prague, we can publish the events as well today. Thank you and see you soon :slight_smile:

So couple suggestions:)

Café Sladkovský - excellent food n drinks, cosy separate little lounge Café Sladkovsky - Café Sladkovský
Pracovna - share-workspace, with nice refreshements and cafe http://pracovna.cz/?lang=en
And many more if necessary

As for the outside picnic - I’d say two best options are sitting in a close vicinity of Café na půl cesty in the Central park https://www.greendoors.cz/en/projekty/cafe-na-pul-cesty-2/
or finding any place in the Stromovka park, like here https://www.prague.eu/en/object/places/3309/containall-stromovka?back=1