Eng, French & Dutch: SciFi Econ Communication Content Overview

Ok @alberto @ilaria @augusto @irene_1 @anon82932460 @inge - here is the list of tasks we need everyone to complete by friday in order for us to do a good comms campaign that addresses both local people to come to the physical event, and remote people to chip in to crowdfunding. Each one of the tasks has a deadline and the name of the person responsible for it attached. These tasks have been developed keeping in mind who has access to what materials, skillset and tools. Please post your completed tasks/deliverables in a comment below so we have everything in one place. Thanks!

Material for SciFi Econ lab to local audience (a regular event with ticket sales)

About Edgeryders: Boilerplate text

• Created in 2012. Is an international community consisting of 5000 members in 80 countries. It’s members interact through and an open source digital platform with it’s own custom made digital tools for large scale dialogue and coordination, as well as through community events such as workshops, conferences, retreats and festivals.
  • Notable members: Robin Chase, Founder of Zipcar, Amelia Andersdotter former MEP for the Swedish Pirate Party and Digital Rights activist, Fabrizio Barca - Ex General Director of division chief at the research department of the Bank of Italy,[6] chief of the department of development and cohesion policies at the treasury with previous tenures as chief at the research department of the Bank of Italy,and the president of the OECD’s territorial policies committee.
  • Mission: Support a diverse groups of people with the relations ships, information, knowledge, tools and opportunities to accelerate the transition to a greener, more equitable and humane society for all.
  • Born out of Council of Europe Research project on social cohesion at the Council of Europe, an international organisation which houses the European Court of Human Rights, which enforces the European Convention on Human Rights in Europe. It’s stated aim is to uphold human rights, democracy and the rule of law in Europe.
  • It is supported by a not for profit company with the same name registered in Estonia. The company is stewarded by 6 directors based in Belgium, Germany, Sweden and the United States.
  • The company develops its methodologies, scienc
  • Partners, Clients and funders include: University of Bordeaux, City of Matera, City of Galway, City of Milan, City of Amsterdam, Stockholm School of Economics, Nesta, Aarhus University, EIT- Climate Kic, World Bank, UNDP, European Commission and the Rockefeller foundation.
  • Notable successes: Mentioned by Italian Daily La Repubblica as having played a role in the Economic growth of the Italian City of Matera, Has been involved in the successful bids for European Capital of Culture of the cities of Matera and Galway, Has influenced the design of the new Belgian Strategy for International Development and Cooperation.

Materials for Storytelling around concept and people

• In depth article based on interview of Alberto as economist and Sci fi fan
    (Start with reference to extinction rebellion and rise of many protest movements this year. All comes back down to economic system, Alberto’s own background as a musician activist then environmental economist, traditional economic thinking to date and why it is unfit for purpose, include reference to Vaclav Smil’s recent book that is making the waves. Then get into the work of sci fi authors that provides glimpse into alternative, the road to the event now (bottom up, started with reading list, then UNDP picked up on it and realised it was a thing and cory jumping on board - kind of a narrativised dramatic unfolding). It should be something that facilitates the publication of an article by the media or the press - 800-1000 words - Deadline: 25/10. Responsible: @inge and @alberto.

• Snippets of “best of Econ + Scifi” discussions on platform conversations predating the event (e.g from the reading list discussions). We are compiling them here. We turn these intoQuote Banners here.

• Social media updates featuring “best of snippets” from conversations on platform predating the physical events focused promoting the event. Responsible: @anon82932460. Deadline: As soon as Alberto produces the snippets.

2 Likes

What volume of text do we need produced:

1. How/which kinds of articles do we need produced? Press release, Editorial, notice in event agendas, small blurb for mailing lists…anything else?

2. How many status updates per week/in total to have a solid campaign?

3. How many digital banners do we need to produce (and have text for)

4. How many different kinds of flyers do we need to produce?

@inge and @anon82932460 and @augusto - let me know your suggestions please.

Here my idea:

1. Press releases are unnecessary as no-one reads that. Better an infographic with crucial information that’s easily shareable paired with some short text description that explains what couldn’t be explained in the infographic.
  2. 7-14
  3. 5-10
  4. Printed flyers?
1 Like

yes. Printed.

I personally get those and throw them away in the recycle bin without reading them, but that’s just me.

For others, i’d say 100-200

worked for finding my cat :slight_smile: _ no it is more for people talking about the event to have something to give persons whom they are talking to so they can check website after.

1 Like

aaa, in that context. Then id say 200-300 to be safe at least.

ok but that is not something a copywriter will do, rather an illustrator and it will take quite some research…OOOOOR. he can do an interview with alberto and writer an article based on that, about the stuff @alberto knows about scifi and economics

The template in Indesign to be used for leaflet / brochure is here.

I can provide translation, but I can’t work on design software, if this is what you mean.

talk to someone who can? I think Augusto either has the software or can get help from someone who does. Time to collect on those Karma points you have with friends for having been such great people. Hopefully :slight_smile:

@augusto, can you help with that?

Sorry guys, I don’t have Indesign and cannot ask colleagues to do unpaid work :neutral_face:

If you can give it to me in Illustrator format I can edit it though

Added my picks of alberto’s quotes. Think it would be good to alter them slightly so the copy is easier to understand.

We are ignoring the template and using canva.com instead. not everyone has access to adobe software and it is slowing us down…