Event Outreach Campaign Content

KEY MATERIALS TO PROMOTE FESTIVAL EVENTS

Workshop on Inequalities in the age of AI, what they are, how they work and what we can do about them.

150 word description of the event in the form of an invitation to join us adapted for email

• Copywriter adds it here

A summary article, also not more than 150 -200 words combining the insights/overview and good quotes from theses sources:

Excerpts from ongoing discussions: Visual Materials here.

Featured Participants: Visual Materials Here.

3 Call-to-action Status updates: Visual Materials here.

• Call to action + URL #1
  • Call to action + URL #2
  • Call to action + URL #3

Teaching teachers Open Source

150 word description of the event in the form of an invitation to join us adapted for email

A summary article, also not more than 150 -200 words combining the insights/overview and good quotes from theses sources:

3 quote banners: Visual Materials here.

• (From the Town as an Open Source project) " Open Source projects are ubiquitous in computing and they affect every computer users life in a massive way. In direct terms, a lot of commonly used software is Open Source - Mozilla Firefox being a prime example. The more important thing though is the effect that Open Source projects have on your computing experience indirectly - most Open Source projects are not about creating software for the end-user but are instead about creating pools of resources for other programmers to use as a part of their non-Open software. Some Open Source projects are virtually omnipresent (gcc, zlib, openssl, etc.) but largely invisible to the end-user."

• Good Quote #2

• Good Quote #3

EdgeRyders Hackathon for ethical solutions to unethical technology problems.

Workshop on Service Design in a Climate Emergency

Which skills would we like to have in the room?

• Service design skills, particularly working in public sector in Europe, and private sector
  • Policy design and experience, particularly for delivering carbon reductions in government services
  • Digital skills, for implementing digitally mediated aspects of a service, like building digital platforms designed to support a channel shift away from manual ones that relied on paper
  • Skills and experience at working with vulnerable groups (or people from those groups themselves), often impacted by the unintended consequences of people taking steps to ‘green’ a service.

Are there specific organisations whose contributions would be helpful?

• Do you know service designer who has experience facilitating events? Send them to us for a gig
  • Do you know anyone at TU Berlin who is working on “sustainable digitalisation”?
  • Do you know anyone from who has experience working with groups who are often vulnerable, and marginalised? Come join us at this workshop
  • Know anyone who is helping organisations understand how their efforts might unintentionally harm the people they are trying to help?
  • Do you know anyone who is building digital services that displace more polluting alternatives? Can you talk about the trade-offs you have to make when operating commercially?
  • Do you know anyone who is working at a mobility services company like Coup, Emmy etc. Join us!

Anticipate ! Exploring Collective Intelligence Design

• A radically new study on P2P Protocols and mesh Networks: https://edgeryders.eu/t/a-radically-new-internet-a-study-on-p2p-protocols-and-mesh-networks/9802 " What’s specifically interesting is when you take mesh networks in combination with peer-to-peer protocols, such as Scuttlebutt or the DAT-protocol as new features are enabled, seldomly else even imagined. They happen to fit very well together as the two technologies merge and creating something quite unique."

• My Story- Thoughts on collaboration: https://edgeryders.eu/t/my-story-thoughts-on-collaboration/9977 “How does collaboration look like in a distributed peer to peer network? What technical challenges are there to be solved? What initiatives are working towards solutions and how far are they? Are solutions compatible? How energy efficient are they? How private, and how hackable?”

• Good Quote #3

What does tech look like on a finite, post-climate change earth?

• How can the Internet Help the Climate? https://edgeryders.eu/t/how-can-the-internet-help-the-climate/9856/17 “I definitely think that the Internet can help the climate and approach the challenge - can it right now? Not sure.”

• A Radically New Internet - A Study on P2P Protocols and Mesh Networks: https://edgeryders.eu/t/a-radically-new-internet-a-study-on-p2p-protocols-and-mesh-networks/9802 “If mesh networks and peer-to-peer protocols are implemented, especially in combination with each other, it would be a much more durable communication infrastructure for society.”

• How can we put humans/citizens first in our smart city policies?: How can we put humans/citizens first in our smart city policies? - #14 by matthias “Let’s call it “tiny data”. In the highly resilient society of the future, we’ll have to rely on local resources much more than now. This can be a city-level or neighborhood-level micro-grid or an off-grid house, or probably all of these to have multiple levels of redundancy. I am personally living off-grid and from that experience I can tell that good monitoring of ones energy, water, wastewater, heating and cooling systems is essential for wise resource use and proper functioning. For example, I know that I need 500-700 Wh of photovoltaics energy a day, and that I can cope with at most 10 days of gray sky in winter. That’s where IoT comes in. Network-connected sensors and an evaluation software would combine local consumption data and weather forecasts into behavior recommendations.”

Boilerplate Description of Edgeryders

(ENG) About Edgeryders

Created in 2012, Edgeryders is an international community of 5000 members in 80 countries. Members interact through a dedicated and tailor-made open source platform to facilitate large-scale exchanges and coordination. Edgeryders also organizes events such as workshops, conferences, retreats or festivals.

Notable participants:

• Robin Chase, founder of Zipcar
  • Amelia Andersdotter, former Swedish deputy for the Pirate Party and digital activist
  • Fabrizio Barca coordinator of the forum on Inequality and Diversity, former head of research at the Bank of Italy, head of the Department of Public Policies for Development at the Ministry of Economy and Finance and Minister for Territorial Cohesion between 2011 and 2013.

Our mission: To support different groups of people through a network, information, knowledge, tools and opportunities to accelerate the transition to a greener, more just and humane society.

Edgeryders was born from a research project within the Council of Europe, an international organisation that hosts the European Court of Human Rights and ensures compliance with the European Convention on Human Rights. Its objective is to guarantee human rights, democracy and the rule of law in Europe.

Edgeryders is supported by a non-profit organisation of the same name registered in Estonia. The organization is managed by 6 directors based in Belgium, Germany, Sweden and the United States.

They are our partners, customers and founders: University of Bordeaux, City of Matera, City of Galway, City of Milan, City of Amsterdam, Stockholm School of Economics, Nesta, Aarhus University, EIT- Climate Kic, World Bank, UNDP, European Commission and Rockefeller Foundation.

Significant successes:

• Edgeryders was mentioned by the Italian daily La Repubblica as having played an important role in the economic development of the city of Matera.
  • Edgeryders is involved in the successful applications of the cities of Matera and Galway for the title of European Capital of Culture.
  • Edgeryders influenced the design of the new Belgian strategy for development and international cooperation.

(FR) A propos d’Edgeryders

Créée en 2012, Edgeryders est une communautée internationale de 5000 membres répartis dans 80 pays. Les membres interagissent grâce à une plateforme open source dédiée et construite sur mesure afin de favoriser les échanges et la coordination à grande échelle. Edgeryders organise également des événements tels que des workshops, des conférences, des retraites ou des festivals.

Ils sont membres d’Edgeryders : Robin Chase, fondatrice de Zipcar, Amelia Andersdotter ancienne députée suédoise pour le Parti Pirate et activiste numérique, Fabrizio Barca coordinateur du forum sur les Inégalités et la Diversité, ancien responsable de la recherche à la Banque d’Italie, à la tête du Département des politiques publiques pour le développement auprès du Ministère de l’économie et des finances et ministre de la cohésion territoriale entre 2011 et 2013.

Notre mission : Soutenir différents groupes de personnes grâce à un réseau, de l’information, du savoir, des outils et des opportunités afin d’accélérer la transition vers une société plus verte, juste et humaine.

Edgeryders est né d’un projet de recherche au sein du Conseil de l’Europe, une organisation internationale qui accueille la Cour Européenne des Droits de l’Homme et assure le respect de la Convention Européenne des Droits de L’Homme. Son objectif est de garantir les droits humains, la démocratie et l’état de droit en Europe.

Edgeryders est soutenu par une organisation à but non lucratif du même nom enregistrée en Estonie. L’organisation est administrée par 6 directeurs basés en belgique, en Allemagne, en Suède et aux Etats-Unis.

Ils sont nos partenaires, clients et fondateurs : Université de Bordeaux, la ville de Matera, la ville de Galway, la ville de Milan, la ville d’Amsterdam, la Stockholm School of Economics, Nesta, l’Université d’Aarhus, EIT- Climate Kic, la Banque Mondiale, UNDP, la Commission Européenne et la fondation Rockefeller.

Succès notables :

• Edgeryders a été mentionné par le quotidien italien La Repubblica comme ayant joué un rôle important dans le développement économique de la ville de Matera.
  • Edgeryders est impliqué dans les candidatures réussies des villes de Matera et Galway au titre de Capitales Européennes de la Culture.
  • Edgeryders a influencé la conception de la nouvelle stratégie Belge de développement et de Coopération internationale.[quote=“MartinDvorak, post:1, topic:11115”]
2 Likes

Here we need to check that for each event this is really the content that is needed. Once we do I can get a copywriter for each language to quickly produce the right texts

Hi Nadia,

I will only have the stories during the event. Well, our capacity for the hackathon has been reached so we can’t accommodate more people…

We anyway would need:

• a 150 word description of the event in the form of an invitation to join us adapted for email
  • 3 quote banners
  • 3 Call-to-action Status updates

You can fill out the wiki by editing it.

Are there any stories on the platform which are interesting to your event? Perhaps you can add those already?

ok, please, help me find where the Wiki is accessible for me to edit

can you see this at the bottom of the wiki? If not, just share it in a comment below and I’ll add it.

And keep in mind:

• We need short, engaging versions, about 150 words. You can additionally make a longer one if you want to send it to the press
  • We also need to have a short number of status updates that are good calls to action. And calls to action are not just like, oh, come here and do that. They have to convey something about the content of the event in a way that’s exciting

Thanks so much in advance!

there is one story from which I can get the quotes
but these are in Czech. is that okay?

1 Like

yes, they should be in the local language

Inge - the team is not producing the 150 word copy, we are hiring local language copywriters to do that. What we need from, especially the team doing the ethnographic coding since they read everything, a selection of the posts they feel have had the richest most interesting & relevant content for each respective language. And we need it within 2 days if possible: just a post below with
URLS to three stories
For each story, a great quote or two which gives a sense of the conversation, something which captures attention and resonates with many people. Can you help with securing this from the ethnography team @Jan ?

1 Like

Hello, I see that the for the Prague event, the materials has been created already, some of it seems to have integrated the facebook posts I have already published. Therefore 3 more tips for the “Best of Article”:

1. Pacient sám sobě lékařem aneb lékaři sobě: Zhruba po měsíci sportování, kdy jsem žádnou bolest necítil a radoval se, jak „se to hezky zahojilo a jak mám uvědomělý doktory“, to přišlo. Z ničeho nic mi noha natekla a já se vrátil do kulhajícího stavu, tak jsem začal (opět) ledovat, což ale během týdne žádné zlepšení nepřineslo… Takže jsem se vrátil i do FN B., kde mi jiný doktor po zhlédnutí rentgenu sdělil, že se to sice „hojí celkem dobře“, ale že přeci jen ne úplně optimálně… A tak mi poradil: „Nohu do klidu, používat ortézu, neběhat, nechodit, plavat a na kole jezdit maximálně na cyklostezce podél Vltavy.“ Když jsem mu řekl, jakou jsem dostal radu posledně (tedy právě přesně opačnou), doktor to nijak nerozporoval a řekl, že je to běžný postup (nejen jeho kolegy, ale zřejmě celé medicíny) a že to bylo dobře myšlené.
  1. Jak se dostaneme k prosperitě? Bez korupce férovým způsobem bohužel těžko!: Zjistili jsme, že jenom v přízemí budovy je soukromý výdělek cca 15 milionů ročně, zbylé patra jsem ani neřešil. Ještě než jsem podal to trestní oznámení, ještě jednou jsem oficiální cestou vyzval magistrát, ať se k tomu vyjádří, na jakém základě pronajímá budovu s takovým potenciálem za KORUNU ROČNĚ!!! Do kopie jsem dal i Amnesty International, jednak aby oni věděli, co se tu děje, ale aby i magistrát viděl, že to nechci nechat být! A teď se podržte: ještě než se mi magistrát ozval, kontaktovala mě jakási soukromá osoba, že mi bude platit měsíční „výpalné“ za to, že budu mlčet!

2. Bizarní story během hledání bydlení v Praze: Píši sms, že mám zájem a přidávám důvody, proč jsem ten pravý adept, vychvaluji se, jak by to nedal ani neboštík Zdeněk Srstka v pořadu Chcete mě? Odezva byla rychlá „WhatsApp". Tak napíšu tam, jestli je to stále aktuální. Odpověď byla nečekaná „nepůjdeme zítra ve dvou vojet holku" ? Jsem zlehka zaskočen a ptám se, jestli je byt stále volný. V tom mi přistála v konverzaci fotka, jak tam buší do neznáme dívky. Naposledy zkouším pokládat otázky ohledně bytu, ale odpovědi se opět nedočkám a na moji otázku odpovídá další otázkou „nepůjdeme zítra na jednu swingers akci ? U toho se poznáme", v tomto okamžiku dostávám záchvat smíchu a ukazuji konverzaci kamarádovi, který sedí vedle mě u piva.

Should I keep pushing out the things on my own in the FB event?

1 Like

sure, thank you

Hei, the full collection from all 3 countries is now complete - see BestOf topic in Wellbeing (sorry, using my phone and in a rush, can’t link to it now!)