Help create a logo for LOTE5

Aha we need to purchase them few dollars/icon

Tell me which one you want and we’ll get it. Then we can use it as we please

logo ideas

I’ve been meaning to play with Inkscape for a while now, and seeing this burning money inspired me. :slight_smile:

First attempt:

Second attempt with flame from google search:

Third attempt with stolen money and flame. (dunno who did the money and flame, but I can check if you care about licenses):

I can tweak them for you if you have any requests. (Don’t worry if you’re not interested, it was just an excuse to learn Inkscape.)

1 Like

Variations on a theme

I like the orange flame!

Maybe have different colours for the #fail (so maybe blue flame?) and #unfail (Green heart?). And stick to those colours for all communications?

Tried this… What do you think?

Putting the flame and the heart

in one logo is too much going on if you ask me

if we have an illustrator reading this: could it work to have a flame with on the one side money going in and on the other side a phoenix rising out?

checking out if we can do something with the other logo options, otherwise let’s stick to the simple version of money + flame?

1 Like

Marking the assignees

Testing how the task appears in a minisite page.

Is this still open?

Hi folks,

Im new here https://edgeryders.eu/en/arrivals/onco-ampliative-art  I think I could help on this.

As the theme is fail unfail, which I understand as two movements, I’ve thought that maybe could be nice a logo of a fist that fail to the floor and at the same time could seems as a fist that is rising from the ground. If you want I can try :slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like

Go for it :))

It’s still open. Plus it’s kind of fun if people just kind of do what they want :)) There are so many ways to fail and unfail

Let see if this works

Just for try it. As mentioned above, I’ve tried to make something ambiguous as it could serve for fail or for unfail (rise, stand up from the ground when you fail to it).

2 Likes

I was thinking of something

I was thinking of something like this. Sorry I didn’t have time to follow the discussion beacuse of annoying family issues, I might therefore be completely out of target.

1 Like

It’s different from the style of proposals

that we’ve been having this far.

Personally I like it, but it misses the funny visual element of burning money or a crashing zeppelin.

In your opinion should we prioritize minimalistic, easy to understand over funny?

Well, it depends a lot on the (communication) target. As I missed your call, I’m not sure what the target is, so I can’t make a statement about it. Personally I find this a little funny as well, but that’s because I’m a graphic designer and I’m referring to mistakes in the press process.

People who don’t have a graphic design background should be

Able to get the joke as well :slight_smile:

Aesthetically I really like this image, but I think we should push it in the direction of something that will relate to (un)failure for a bigger audience. Have you seen the suggestions for burning money? Did you find them inspiring? If we could combinethat idea with your graphic design skills we should have something verry nize…

Hi Kira, sorry again for disappearing. I tried working on some solutions in the line you mentioned but didn’t get too far and then I saw that they have already picked the logo.

Actually no worries

We picked your logo as a winner!

In the end, we thought it was the most good-looking. We announced it yesterday, but I guess you didn’t get the announcement

→ https://edgeryders.eu/en/lote5/drumrolls-we-have-a-logo

Oh yes I saw that thanks! I just didn’t want to leave your question unanswered.

1 Like

Very cool :slight_smile:

Rossella, are you up for making the banners etc by modifying pre-existing design files?

I don’t know that we have any budget to offer, but if you could make an estimate of how much time is involved and what you would have asked to be paid for it for a non-profit then this is something we could maybe put into a budget of what the event costs. If we do manage to get funds then we could try to cover at least part of it. Would that work for you?

Hi Nadia,

I would love to help, I have a little organisation problem due to the still complicated situation at home, and have some trouble holding to deadlines so I don’t wanna make promises I might not be able to keep. One of the problems is that I cannot sit at my computer any time I want so even if I read my emails on the cell phone, sometimes I lose track of the discussions by the time I can actually start working. Is there a place where I can go to on the platform and see exactly which deadline is when so I can warn you on time if I’m not gonna make it? Would this be acceptable?

About the budget, we can do it like you suggest. I can make an estimate of the costs when I have an overview of what needs to be done.

Your own scheduling

Hi Rossella and thank you so much! Since you know best what would be great to have design-wise, and how long it takes to build, it would be great if you set your own tasks with your own deadlines (in the LOTE5 workspace), that way you don’t have to be bothered by other discussions only follow your own tasks (your own tasks should be listed in our task manager here as soon as you assign yourself to them). I guess for LOTE5 purposes, the deadline is “the sooner the better”, but it’s your planning since you are doing the work :slight_smile:

Ok let’s make it a bit easier to get an overview

@KiraVde @Noemi @RossellaB @Onco @phm

To make everyone’s life a bit easier, I’ve collected our proposals and some material we might find helpful in designing communications here: https://edgeryders.eu/en/opencare/visual-material-logos-banners-headers-videos-etc

And created a task to collect even more of the material spread over the internet here: https://edgeryders.eu/en/lote5/task-5549

What do you think, should we make it one of the tasks for which you can get a ticket to #LOTE5?

Added! plus some links

Ok, I edited the task and it’s now on the LOTE5 Get your ticket page.