I want to attend Lote5 in February!

This is great news

Because my graphic skills have been bringing us stuff that looks like a 4-year old would love it :smiley:

For example:

I see too much alcohol for a 4-year old

smiley 

1 Like

Present!

Failure just might be one of my favourite modes of operation. I’ll be there for sure. Not sure how best to contribute, but feel free to throw something at me. I’ll try not to fail :wink:

1 Like

Apart from moral support

I see lots of opportunities for you!

One of the conversation/action tracks will be on failures in creative industry. @Matteo_Uguzzoni is taking the lead, but it is the first time for him to be on ER platform. Maybe you can help, and I know with 100% certainty you have some good fleshy material to write a blogpost on your own creative-industry-flanders-fuckup-experiences. :slight_smile:

I’d also love to have you on board of the communications team, although I don’t know yet what for. You can join teams on this page: https://edgeryders.eu/en/lote5/creating-the-event

:peace_symbol::peace_symbol::peace_symbol:

Registration -

Hello Edgeryders & friends,

It has been some time since I last posted at ER platform. It was exactly almost two years ago that I first encountered myself with Edgeryders at LOTE 3 in Matera, Italy. The LOTE 3 experience changed my life for the best of course, finding meaning to my work and networks from my interests and a community which is passionate to perform stewardship for all.

In the upcoming LOTE 5, the theme (of Fail unfail) is perfect for me to revitalize myself again from the current projects I am engaged In Europe.

At Lote 5, I like to earn my ticket in developing workshops or hackatons for “Online Community Journalism”. I would like to share failures, successes, and opportunities from my past activities in ER relating to radio blogestablishing UnMonastery Radio, Communication Toolkit for Spot the future and p2p skills development; And, share experiences from my current activities in producing Impact driven stories for denmarknews.dk, creating impact journeys in association with Social capital forum and developing a market place for ideas to be connected and implemented, among others.

I have added myself in communication and creative industries teams for the lote 5 event, moreover if possible I like to also conduct workshop or hackaton for “online community journalism” - as a case study for Edgeryders.

Looking forward to hearing from the community

Best Regards

Could use lessons in the runup to Lote5

Hi @aden and welcome back, there’s much need to learn how to do community journalism, especially when most of the time we’re working with little to no comms budget.

As part of the creative industries team, did you see what Matteo is working on? He started from identifying one fail in connecting speakers with their audiences, and has proposed a solution which he is building as we speak. My suggestion for you in order to get down to simple and concrete is to do the same - identify one current fail when it comes to the tools you tried - communication kits, audio documentation of events, community radio - and explain how we could go about solving it starting with Lote5 comms maybe? It’s where we are most short of solutions at the moment… so the timing could not be more right. Then if it works organising a workshop on that in Bxl will be natural. Start from the Creative industries team page and add yourself a new task.

Fail, Fast, Forward

Hey @noemi

Thanks for the feedback. I saw the posts from Matteo about matching right stories with right audience. I was also thinking the same, to compile all pro’s and failures to the tools i tried before with ER in an interactive manner, which is resulted in developing “Manuals” for becoming ER Community Journalists.

How exactly I will go with this documentation is something I am working at the moment in terms of space, relevance and resources. Will post clearly soon about my plan of action as task under creative industries as you pointed out.

LOTE 5 Invitation Letter

@Nadia, @Patrick_Andrews, @Noemi

Hi everybody,

so I drafted a -still to be filled- template for how an invitation letter could look like, via Dropbox here.

In brief, there are 2 sets of information that are important:

Information about the conference:

1. Real Contact persons with contact information, including at least on person in Belgium with a Belgian phone number.
  2. Registered organisation with contact information and valid address, again preferably in Belgium
  3. A description of the general demographic of attendees 
  4. A description of the purpose of the conference
  5. A description of the Agenda of the conference, and what will take place, at what location, and at what time. 

2 things matter: That the conference seems serious and legitimate, and that there is someone tangible to contact and some physical place [conference location, organiser office] tangible to account for.

Information specific to each invited attendee:

1. Name
  2. Country of origin
  3. Passport Number
  4. Reason of attendance
  5. Possibility of funding

Hope that helps?

I will need a letter myself, and will coordinate my personal information via e-mail. Who will handle that?

3 Likes

Good to know you will be coming @Hegazy and thank you for the template. Here’s another version addressed directly to the consular section of the embassy, this is the approx. text of my previous visa support letters. It is very important to mention the inviting party is covering the travel/accommodation expenses specially if you don’t have much money on your account, otherwise you risk being refused, so I’d suggest we have this mentioned even if it’s not the case.

Date:

To: (the consular section of the concerned embassy)

Dear Sirs,

This is to confirm that applicant’s name (date & place of birth, nationality & passport number) has been invited to Lote5 conference as a (speaker on the subject of Syrian refugees in Armenia or other) in Brussels, Belgium between date and date.

The conference accommodations and programming will be located at the [Venue name] at [Venue Address]. Most participants will arrive on 24 February and depart on 29 February.

The travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by [name of the company]. If you require more information about this trip, please contact reference name at name of inviting company on telephone number telephone number of inviting company.

Your kind assistance in approving [name]'s application for a visa would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,  

[Signature+Stamp]

Name

Title

Institution represented

Address

1 Like

I can take care of the letters…

… as soon as we have a venue and you guys know you’re coming. I understand for Hegazy the window is mid December, at which date he will make a call. I’ll be in touch with you two!

2 Likes

@Noemi brilliant

I am definitely coming if I get at least partial coverage of my travel costs. I will either represent ARP or just myself and my experience. Will keep you posted.

The earlier we apply for the visa the better I guess, right @Hegazy? When do you plan to apply?

Gotta be there

Figure you cannot have a LOTE without me.

I’d gladly lead /co-lead one of my fun-type sessions tentatively titled “The Failure of False Families”,

facilitating familiarity and internet intimacy on online cooperative constellations.

I get teased so badly that I’d probably be a first class case study.

1 Like

@Nadia , I think we need a big date and place info on the welcome page - it’s hard to find it now (only in this event, which is kind of hidden for a new user).

Check now?

We put in the header with date and place. Works?

Your participant bios

Hi everyone. Wanted to ask all of you who intend to come to Brussels and have registered here that you update your Edgeryders profile so others know who you are. Look at all our beautiful faces in our new page, also known as “look at the Internets living on the edge and meeting up in Brussels”. thanks!

Also, it’s a good time to book your slot? Part of the program is already online - see minisite above. @Bembodavies: False families as in support communities e.g. unmonasteries and others …? You got us curious, hope to read you before the holidays.

1 Like

I hope I can make it

Still seeing if my particular health needs will allow it.  I’ll know more after next week.

1 Like

Failure in Doing Good

Hi! I’m new here, seems like a great community. I heard about it from FuckUp-Kira (is that okay to call her that?) and would love to attend Lote5 on Friday.

I’m living in Brussels and very interested in the idea of Effective Altruism, which is the idea to use evidence and analysis to take actions that help others as much as possible. I guess the link with development and failing less is pretty clear. I could contribute by giving a talk or workshop about how to do more good with your spare money, time or carreer.

3 Likes

Welcome!

Hello @krismartens, welcome!

I also live in Brussels. With @KiraVde, @ireinga and others I’d like to roll out a physical get-together for the Brusselites in January, in the run up to LOTE5. Are you interested?

1 Like

sure, keep me posted!

sure, keep me posted!

1 Like