I'm new here! :)

Hey Edgeryders,

My name is Daniel, and I’ll be working on the POPREBEL project in (East) Germany, most closely with @Richard, @nadia, and @noemi.

I currently live in Barcelona, and grew up between Germany (my passport country) and the US. I’ve been working on social innovation and entrepreneurship for 10+ years, and have helped build a few communities in the past.

I’m very excited to be here!

You can learn a bit about my work with communities in my application. For more context: I founded a silent-disco-meets-climate-protest called Silent Climate Parade in Berlin (German link, video), and I have been part of the German climate movement since COP-15. I’ve also been played a part in the growth of the Berlin social entrepreneurship ecosystem since 2009.

I think the climate crisis is the defining issue of our time and generation, and I’m so glad to see projects like the Sci-Fi Economics Lab and Earth OS here in this tribe! I’ll be digging into the platform during the next days to find areas where I can contribute.

In the meantime, I was wondering if you knew any interesting political / anti-rightwing activist organizations in (East) Germany I should know about? Would love any introductions or connections!

I look forward to connecting more with you over the next weeks and months!

:wave: @hugi, remember briefly meeting last fall at the retreat?

Thank you very much, grateful to be here. :pray:
Daniel

12 Likes

Welcome, @hires! That is one cool resume. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

2 Likes

Thank you, @alberto! From what I’ve seen I’m surrounded by people with awesome backgrounds! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds super interesting! looking forward to seeing you around and talking more :slight_smile:

1 Like