Teaching Teachers Open Source

@erik_lonroth that is very nice to hear! Do you think that workshop you mentioned would be something for the Edgeryders festival? Edgeryders Festival November 19-29: See you there!

Its very much so! I am a bit outdated on what this is though.

I feel a bit rushed to meet the deadline for submitting. But if I can read up more and check my work schedule by the end of the week to see if it is possible? Is the deadline hard?

@erik_lonroth, the deadline is not very hard at the moment. If you can tell us something next week that will also be fine.

Which city would work best for you? Is Stockholm a good fit?

We are having a community call tomorrow at 18:00 Brussels time to discuss the general directions a bit more. If you want you can join in there to get an idea :). We would love to have you there!

3 Likes

I am interested and if the dates are in november, it works. But I dont understand 100% how it works.

Exact dates. Where it is? Who to contact? How to sign up? How can I help Etc.

My topic is “how we should educate teachers to educate on open source for humans”.

@erik_lonroth, no problem.

The event will be in November and we can be a bit flexible between the 19th and 29th to set up things so it suits those participating.

singing in the sheet as you did is a good start as well as the quick proposal post you made (Register for Edgeryders Festival - #6 by erik_lonroth).

looking forward to developing it further with you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve created a “logo” for the event on the 28:th november in Stockholm @MariaEuler poster-image-1280-720
I hope its what you need.

I hope to be able to participate in the online meetings down the road. I’ve been so locked up in other things I haven’t been able to yet.

3 Likes

If YOU know any leader of a school or teacher that you think should participate in this event. Help them find me.

I need help with outreach and marketing of the event.

1 Like

Do you have a description of the event and what they might learn?

someone to talk to is Carl Heath

1 Like

Some more people to maybe contact?
@bert_ola
@max_valentin
@jasmine_idun

1 Like

Kanske @zelf har koll?

Erik heads up I edited your post to add tags and the location. So when we do outreach people can easily see the context.

1 Like

I’ll produce a description to distribute @hugi @nadia @MariaEuler

In short:

1. Learn about the corner stones of Free and Open Source and how those are equally fundamental to learning anything in a digital world.
  2. Collaborate on how to reach out to teachers with this message as one important group to win.
  3. Have a great time shaping the next generation internet citizens.
2 Likes

Do you have it in Swedish too?

1. Lär dig om fundamenten i Fri och öppen mjukvara och hur det hänger ihop starkt med lärande.
  2. Med utgångspunkt i detta, var med och hitta vägar att nå ut till lärare och pedagoger som kanske en viktig grupp att nå ut till.
  3. Ha roligt medan vi formar nästa generation internetmedborgare.
1 Like

This is great @erik_lonroth! Quick question: can you make the text a bit more active? So, instead of “participants learn,” you can write “learn about”.

Could you help me out? I’m not sure what you mean. Thanx!

1 Like

Something like:

• Learn about the corner stones of Free and Open Source and how those are equally fundamental to learning anything in a digital world
  • Collaborate on how to collectively reach out to teachers with this message
  • Have a great time shaping the next generation internet citizens
    [/quote]
3 Likes

Super, I modded.

1 Like

@erik_lonroth, higher up in this thread @felix.wolfsteller and @asimong showed interest in helping with this project. Are you in contact?

1 Like