Community Call 20th of August - Your chance to shape the Edgeryders NGI Festival!

Join our community call on August 20, 6PM Brussels time to find out how you can get your ticket for the Edgeryders Festival.

Join the call with this link: Launch Meeting - Zoom

The Edgeryders Festival is a program of activities that take place in multiple cities in Europe. Tickets are not free of charge, but they cannot be bought for money. You can only get a ticket by working with the other participants to make it a great experience for everyone involved. Join this call if you’d like to be part of it.

About the festival: The Edgeryders festival is a co-created event, build by participants who work together in different crews.

At the Edgeryders festival you get to see what is happening, and how your own story is part of it.

You will meet people from all over Europe to share our experiences from trying to build good lives for ourselves and people we love. Everyone comes together to exchange experiences, and use the learnings to help us make better decisions. In our professional and personal lives.

Join this call to help shape the festival in a direction that interests you most.

(You can download last year’s festival report here ) :

84581f5a3c25ae8700ce88f1b096ed83e1de4eab_2_690x388 6db3e6dc7abda92f0c6a5f8e96ec4542be577957_2_690x386

3 Likes

Pinging here our NGI consortium partners who might want to join as well: @Heshanij, @katjab, @RobvanKranenburg, @lynge, @kristof_gyodi, @mpalinski, @sbielli

1 Like

Hi Marina,

I can not join that call.

For the Festival I can take the Reading Club to Brussels:

https://www.meetup.com/Internet-of-Things-Ghent/events/263417465/

Greetings, Rob

3 Likes

Note to @hugi

1 Like

Thanks for organising, I’ll be there!

1 Like

@zelf, @BlackForestBoi, @soenke, @pbihr, @JollyOrc we would love to see you there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

also @NGIOutreachOffice :slight_smile:

1 Like

and @davidseoane :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thx much for the reminder, will be there, and yes we would like to do sth here in Saarbruecken, probably around our involvement in ai ethics / collective intelligence design

4 Likes

@MariaEuler I’ll be there! :sparkles:

3 Likes

In another mtg at 1800, will join after that or catch up tom…

1 Like

notes from zoom chat:

From Maria@Edgeryders to Everyone: (08:08 PM)
it would be great if you guys could quickly share your topic of interest, what you would be interested in/what you might want to contribute and where you are based here in the chat for each other for orientation :slight_smile:
From Inge to Everyone: (08:10 PM)
i’m especially interested in topics related to tech&humans - focussed on disinfo, authoritarianism (abuse of tech), and ethics
From Zenna Fiscella to Everyone: (08:10 PM)
++
From Inge to Everyone: (08:10 PM)
What i can do: help communicate the messages
From Oliver Sauter to Everyone: (08:12 PM)
We at WorldBrain could organise a hackathon in Berlin for conscious tech.
From Me to Everyone: (08:12 PM)
awesome, oliver
From Maria@Edgeryders to Everyone: (08:13 PM)
I want to help you guys to coordinate to get together to realise events around the NGI topics and directly organise and help set up the event in Stockholm (great space) :slight_smile:
From Alberto to Everyone: (08:13 PM)
I am especially interested in the economic aspects of Internet infrastructure. Specifically, I care about how best make use of the property of information to be non-rivalrous: using it does not prevent others also using it.
From Oliver Sauter to Everyone: (08:14 PM)

I am especially interested in the economic aspects of Internet infrastructure. Specifically, I care about how best make use of the property of information to be non-rivalrous: using it does not prevent others also using it. :heart:
From Alberto to Everyone: (08:14 PM)
I would like to explore how a new wave of Internet infrastructure can enable a commons-based economy, which is just way more efficient than the present IPR-based model.
From Oliver Sauter to Everyone: (08:14 PM)
Looking forward to talk in Helsinki :slight_smile:
From John Coate to Everyone: (08:14 PM)
I am interested in moving tech back to greater user control.
From Alberto to Everyone: (08:14 PM)
@Oliver me too, my friend.
From Zenna Fiscella to Everyone: (08:14 PM)
I’m interested in decentralisation, in all forms but my focus is on internet atm
From John Coate to Everyone: (08:16 PM)
It should be noted that Nadia is the chief organizer for the festival and she is out until later this week
From Noemi to Everyone: (08:17 PM)
Also: what is your experience with events so far?
From John Coate to Everyone: (08:18 PM)
also Zoom defaults to you being mute…so unmute before you speak.
From Noemi to Everyone: (08:22 PM)
Are there formats you have seen elsewhere which you liked?
From Chris Adams to Everyone: (08:22 PM)
Hi Folks. My current interest is in understanding the policy levers available to help decouple the use of internet tech and digital in general, from the environmental impact we associate with it, and also to see how to have. More diverse
From Alberto to Everyone: (08:23 PM)
@Chris: nice!
From Chris Adams to Everyone: (08:23 PM)
Damnit! Not finished. I’m looking for ways to promote a more diverse ecosystem that we work without such concentration of power and influence in a tiny number of actors

1 Like

Thank you for everyone for being there and to @inge for keeping track of this.

@mrchrisadams started a document for notes if I understand correctly, could you share the link here?

2 Likes

here you are :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Woah @mrchrisadams this is so super useful! Thanks so much!

@mrchrisadams Thank you! Amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like