Edgeryders Festival November 19-29: Invitation to participate in co-designing the Next Gen Internet track of the program

The Edgeryders Festival is a program of activities that take place in multiple cities in Europe.

It is a #nospectators event: All activities in the program are built by the participants, for the participants:

• Webinars
  • Satellite/affiliated events in multiple locations
  • Talks and workshops in Brussels

This post is to inform and encourage you to participate and help shape the NGI/ Internet of Humans focused components of the program:

1. Contribute to elaboration of existing session proposals e.g this one on technological choices that lead to increased justice or a proposed session building on this ongoing discussion around what it means for tech products and organisations to be “deep green” and ecologically sustainable
  2. Propose your own session by creating a new topic and adding your proposal in it.
  3. Share the daily list of 3 social media status updates highlighting the best NGI-related proposals and discussions taking place on the NGI-Exchange platform.

Deadline for submissions is 20/8/2019:
As a community of over 5000 members in 80 countries, It is important to us that the festival is inclusive, accessible and useful to every single participant - no matter where they are located. So we offer support for anyone who wishes to set up local events in their community or organisation as part of the festival program.

If you want to be a part of this process, please leave a comment below to let @hugi know you are interested or write to hugi@edgeryders.eu a.s.a.p .

He will point you to the ongoing discussions and further lead you through the process.

(Join this community call on the 20th of August 18:00 Brussels time to discuss more: https://zoom.us/j/592769960)

Has Likes

would love to contribute in some way. I heard a rumor that there might be local to Berlin events too?

Has Likes

awesome beans @JollyOrc! that sounds great! Can you tell us a little bit more about how you’d want to help?

We’re meeting next Tuesday at 6PM Berlin time on a community call about joining forces together to organize a few technology for good tracks. Others on this call will be @MariaEuler, @johncoate, @hugi, me and probably a bunch of others as well. See you there?

Has Likes

I’ll happily help on the project management side of things, I can present/talk/workshop a topic and if there is a Berlin event, I’ll show up and be prepared to do things :slight_smile:

Has Likes

Pretty sure there will be an Berlin event!

We will start to reach out in the community to see who else would like to join in in Berlin and who would have an idea for a location. :slight_smile:

Hi folks.

I’m in Berlin and would love to contribute to this.

How I can help

I’ve been trying out a model at a few conferences for thinking through the levers available at a company level, called Platform, Packet, Process, along with the options you might rely on at public policy level, to drive some change.

I’m happy to share what I’ve learned so far.

Also, earlier in May, I helped run OMG CLIMATE, an unconf about what we can do in tech to make it less of a tyre-fire, climate wise (the link has a bunch of writeups from the event). There were a few things that came out of that that would make for some useful content.

Finally, I’m now running workshops with my Green Web Foundation hat on, with orgs to help them audit how they build services and products - there’s a bunch of exercises from the workshops, that could work.

Where I need help contributing

I don’t understand where I’d post a proposal for a session though. Where do I post a new topic?

I also don’t know how you’re deciding if a proposal is a good fit, and what questions you’re using to decide if something would work for this. What info do you need in a proposal for it to be something you can make a meaningful judgement on?