PARTICIPANT INFORMATION SHEET
- What is the purpose of this research/initiative?
- Do I have to take part? No. You can ask questions about the study before deciding whether or not to participate. If you do agree to participate, you may withdraw yourself and the data you have provided from the study at any time during the event, without giving a reason and without penalty, by advising the researchers of this decision. If after the interview you choose to withdraw, please contact add name of coordinator for the event here.
- What will happen if I take part in the research? The event takes place digitally via (add software name here). It consists of an open discussion, moderated by Edgeryders staff. If you take part in the event you will be able to listen and contribute to the discussion. Edgeryders staff will take notes, and reflect of the main issues raised during the call.
- Are there any potential risks in taking part? The risks of participation are minimal and include for example involuntary data breach leading to sharing beyond the original intention. We are as always prepared and committed to prevent any of this. While we do not collect personal data for this call, we are using a third party service as a facility for video conferencing. So, we are subject to the quirks, features and security issues that come with that software. In particular, be aware that they may record your IP, even if you connect with a pseudonym via a browser.
- Are there any benefits in taking part? There are no direct benefits to you for participating in this research study. The study may contribute to understanding the broader effects of Add the event purpose here. As a result it may have indirect benefit to participants. There will be no payment for taking part in this study.
- How is the event documented? We do record the call. We take notes, and will publish one or more writeups. For this, we will adhere to Chatham House rules: we mention what people said, but not who said what. The chat will be saved temporarily, for the purposes of completing the writeups, but not shared, and deleted as the writeups are published.
- Will the research be published? One or more writeups will appear on add name + url for any public facing fora where the research may be published. Writeups will be attributed to their authors, not the participants. That is an open forum, so participants are welcome to use it to comment, respond, or contribute their own writeups. The whole content of the public facing forum(including the mentioned writeup, and any discussion about them) will then become the basis for at least one research report. We also hope to publish one or more journal article. If you would like to be a co-author, we are in principle open for it. Please contact name of coordinator (contact info below).
- Who is organising and funding the research? The research is organised by Edgeryders and funded by the Source of funding via a project called Name of funded project.
- Who do I contact if I have a concern about the study or I wish to complain? You can contact Name of responsible person, Director at Edgeryders on Signal (add nr here) or via email them at email.