Nadia and I had a good discussion yesterday on what storytelling will look like in the coming months.
These are our thoughts: There should be two types of newsletters published. Both newsletters will aim to be a guiding and reliable voice, making sense of a chaotic world. Their purposes differ, however.
The first newsletter will be for the Edgeryders community and it will be published each week on our internal platform
- The aim of this newsletter is to synthesize the information that has been discussed in the previous week and store it in one place so that Edgeryders’ community can quickly access posts, and be alerted to something they may have missed. For those who are ‘time poor’ it will become a good resource that they return to each week to check in with the community. By doing this Edgeryders wishes to increase engagement with its members.
- It will give an overview of the topics discussed on the platform each week and weave them together in a central theme.
- It will have a hook - much like previous newsletters - that focuses on something happening in the world that week and it will show how Edgeryders’ members have discussed it or tried to make sense of that event through linking to conversations.
- It will include a link back to the Status Report II page which is a safe place where the Edgeryders community gets to know each other, share what’s happening in their lives and around them in their part of the world.
The second newsletter will be distributed externally (via social media channels etc) and it will be published fortnightly.
This newsletter will be called “Resilience and Regeneration”
Each issue of the newsletter will focus on a different category of Edgeryders work, which we have broken into as follows:
- Better work, coworking, remote and distributed working, jobs and prosperity
- The green transition - Earth OS’ work on climate and environment - will include economic regeneration needed around the climate emergency
Wellbeing - which will tie into Wellbeing in Europe and Proprebol
From previous newsletters we realise that topics that are more niche seem to tap into a certain demograph online, which in turn, can attract attention and interestng people to future events and the platform.
It’s purpose is to attract more people to the platform and to help develop business
It will either speak about an upcoming event or focus on an event that has already taken place (Eg the posts on the coworking event and the one coming this week on Messina)
Again, it will be a voice of authority, stewarding conversations that are happening in the space of that week’s focus and Edgeryders’ upcoming events. It’s high quality will give it credibility
Because this is a series, each newsletter will weave together to create a longer discussion that slots together to show the journey in thought as we make sense of global events on the platform and create new solutions and projects
I’m interested to hear what other people think will work and if you have any other ideas etc. that we could try.