@inge and I agreed that moving forward we will pick one topic at a time around which we build a large comms campaign lasting a minimum of one month per topic.
We have now signed a partnership agreement with Climate-Kic. This is a HUGE win and relevant to several of our projects including internet of humans. Also, there is the big conversation brewing including several of our community members (e.g Vinay) that could give it massive traction and bleed benefits into all our projects. But we need to move fast. Good news? most of what we need is mostly ready and just needs a few tweaks here and there!
We need to create a new Fellowship Call post with a new deadline and pin to top of IOH category. In it we should mention that we are especially interested in people working at the intersections of tech and climate change. Can @johncoate or @MariaEuler set this up?
Alberto’s text announcing the Edgeryders partnership with Climate-Kic is ready. We need to end it with a call to action: Tell us about you and your work here. This makes it possible for us to connect you to relevant conversations, calls for participation as well as opportunities such as this fellowship (link to post about ioh fellowships).
Create an editorialisted summary of the deep green tech conversation, and add links to 1. Alberto’s Climate Kic announcement and 2. The new fellowship opportunity. @MariaEuler it would be great if you could work together with @inge prepare this.
We need to have a succinct description of what makes the edgeryders platform uniquely suited for making sense of messy issues and building meaningful collaborations. And how different people can use it. Read: sensestack pitch. Help @hugi
Put together a list of content on the platform that is relevant to the topic of climate change, climate resilience etc. Vinay’s is a great one, and Matt has posted ALOT of stuff over the years.
And we need mini calls for action:
- Help us find a name for the Edgeryders climate Unit
- Help Juylian and Davey from Extinction Rebellion to develop their deep green tech workshop format and invite others to do the same.
- Host/Sponsor one Deep Green Tech workshop near you
- Partner with Edgeryders Climate Action work, create edgeryders account and introduce yourself. All you need is an alias and email address, If your prefer to be anonymous- that’s perfectly fine.
- Tell us about interesting work people are doing at intersections of tech and climate action/ transition to zero carbon cities
- Sign up now to be informed when we roll out the Edgeryders Climate-Kic joint initiatives.
This is optional: Should we add another topic in the Wellbeing in Europe groups on the topic @natalia_skoczylas @noemi ?
Filip breaks every post down into status updates and pushes out on different channels to drive participation.