Preparing the interim report

A Gantt chart made available on EMDesk (XLS sheet periodic_report_Gantt file) lists all items that need to be prepared, documented and or written for the mid-term report.

• All deliverables due by T0+12
  • Sections of the technical document to report on the work done (mainly the WPs)
  • All financial information 

Sub-teams (1, 2 or 3 people not necessarily from the same organization) will be assigned portions of the report they must prepare. Guidelines on format and expected content is avaiilable on EMDesk (PDF Reporting_Redaction guidelines file).

• Some will prefer writing with MS Word and exchange their doc by email, or put it on a DropBox.
  • Some will prefer collaborative writing on GDocs or equivalent.
  • Some will prefer directly writing on EMDesk with the embedded editor (just like edgeryders' editor for posts).
  • Some will prefer writing plain text with emacs, vi or TextEdit.

All content will ultimately be uploaded on EMDesk – uploading a MS Word doc works fine; copying-pasting content is just as fine.

• The report itself will be generated by EMDesk by pushing a button, avoiding to deal with document formatting, labeling, numbering, etc.

We will hold weekly call to guide you through the whole process – starting next Monday September 26 !!!

(This is a follow up of a post initiated by Alberto.)

2 Likes

Monday September 26 / 6pm CET / Mid-term review hangout call

@Alberto and @Lakomaa and @markomanka and @Rossana_Torri and @Costantino and @LuceChiodelliUB (I let you broadcast the info to your team members)

Please browse through the H2020 Periodic report template before the call so you have a rough idea on the document we need to prepare and upload for mid-term review.

For those who can’t make it on Monday – don’t worry! – we also will hold a call the next day Tuesday September 27.

We plan to hold as many calls as necessary so everyone clearly sees and knows what to do, how to do it and when it is due.

The idea is to get prepared before we meet in Milano. Milano will additionally give us the opportunity to have face-to-face discussion. So everything rolls once we get back home and until we submit the report …

The report from hell (and questions)

Wow, it looks like the report from hell. This will be a challenge. I confirm I will participate in Monday’s meeting.

Questions:

• Why is the Data management part both in Part A and in Part B? They refer to Annex 1, but Annex 1 of what? We are supposed to say whether the Data Management Plan "needs updating", but in my understanding that document is an evolving one, and we write at least 3 times in the course of the project. Can we just point to a web page where we keep the updated version of the plan? 
  • It seems that the core of the report is a sort of progress report on WPs and Tasks in Part B. That would lead to a natural division of labour, because each WP and Task each have one partner responsible for it. So we would have WP teams led by WP leaders; and within them, task leaders would be charged with writing the update on individual tasks. Where needed, task leaders as other involved partners for written contributions to incorporate in the text.
  • Not a question, but a heads up: for everyone publishing data: the time has come to get serious, get DOIs, etc. Edgeryders will make sure that this happens for the data hosted on our website. I will post on this issue separately.
  • Anyone's got  scientific papers in the pipeline? We are a bit short there. Here I cannot help much until well into 2017. Any ideas?
  • Is the financial information uploaded by Luce based on each partner's budget tracker?
  • I suggest that the publishable summary (about 1300-1400 words) is well curated and doubles up as a blog post. We should probably do only this part of the report after the Milan meeting. Do you agree?

I am sure I will have more questions as we go… ping @LuceChiodelliUB .

From hell and back :wink:

• Why is the Data management part both in Part A and in Part B? They refer to Annex 1, but Annex 1 of what? We are supposed to say whether the Data Management Plan "needs updating", but in my understanding that document is an evolving one, and we write at least 3 times in the course of the project. Can we just point to a web page where we keep the updated version of the plan? 

When they refer to Annex 1, they mention the Annex 1 of the grant agreement. I agree with you, the DMP is to be understood as an evolving document - we will make another update of the DMP, that will be enclosed to the reports (both on the SYGMA platform and in the .pdf one).

• It seems that the core of the report is a sort of progress report on WPs and Tasks in Part B. That would lead to a natural division of labour, because each WP and Task each have one partner responsible for it. So we would have WP teams led by WP leaders; and within them, task leaders would be charged with writing the update on individual tasks. Where needed, task leaders as other involved partners for written contributions to incorporate in the text.

Exactly.

• Not a question, but a heads up: for everyone publishing data: the time has come to get serious, get DOIs, etc. Edgeryders will make sure that this happens for the data hosted on our website. I will post on this issue separately.

Just a reminder: infos recorded on Zenodo will be automatically added to the online part of our reports (directly on SYGMA).

• Anyone's got scientific papers in the pipeline? We are a bit short there. Here I cannot help much until well into 2017. Any ideas?

Maybe Erik @Lakomaa ? :slight_smile:

• Is the financial information uploaded by Luce based on each partner's budget tracker?

​As for finances, it is dual: the info is based on each partner’s budget tracker. I’ll record it all under EMDesk, as we did for the internal reporting, to monitor our expenses and have a match with the declarations of use of funds that each partner will have to record on the SYGMA platform. This because when all the partners (including UBordeaux) will have their expenses recorded on SYGMA, UBordeaux will have to confirm all the budgets through this platform too to ask for the 2nd payment (eventually asking partners to change their declaration beforehand, in case of mistakes).

• I suggest that the publishable summary (about 1300-1400 words) is well curated and doubles up as a blog post. We should probably do only this part of the report after the Milan meeting. Do you agree?

​I had listed it as a thing to do from the start for two reasons: a) easy to do, almost ready from now, b) later in the process, working on this summary will still not sound as a priority in comparison to Impact section or WP descriptions.  My point was: the sooner we get rid of this, the better (this summary can be updated anytime during the reporting period). We will most likely need more time to focus on other sections that may require bigger involvement and which will help us make the difference with the other projects.

But this is a point we can all discuss on Monday, no problem :slight_smile:

Wed 28 should be possible?

Hi everybody and thank you @Guy and @Luce for the update.

Would be possibile to replicate the call on Wed, 28? (morning or afternoon would be ok for @Franca and me)

In the meantime we will try to solve the problems we have with hangout; it seems that there are some restrictions whithin the web of the Municipality.

Otherwise we’ll find another location :slight_smile:

ciao!

Rossana

Call on Wednesday

Ciao @Rossana_Torri and @Franca !

I sure can schedule a call on Wednesday for at least the 3 of us, just let know what time is most convenient. I’ll be here to give you a feedback and review the process with you.

Call on Wednesday

Ciao @LuceChioldelliUB!

For us (me and @Rossana) it’s fine a call on Wednesday at 2.30 p.m… Or later in the afternoon.Is it ok for you?

2:30pm on Wednesday

Ciao @Franca ! ok I’ll be there at 2:30 ! We’ll have a Hangout !

@Luce

I wrote to you an email… could we have a skype call?

Thanks!

I’m here ^^

Yes, I saw it, I added Rossana as a Skype contact

Possible to listen in?

Hi, I am interested in how things are going (and also to have a look into h2020 bureaucracy). Is it possible to just listen in during the call?

You are welcome

(Sorry for the late reply, hope you can make it. But don’t worry there’ll be other meetings to follow up with the H2020 bureaucracy …)

Monday 6pm meeting URL

Documents on Google folder and EMDesk for edition

Hello, I just created 2 specific documents having the structure of the technical reports A and B, in both versions Google Doc / .docx format. They are stored on EMDesk > Documents > Reporting 2016 and on the opencare Google folder > Reporting 2016.

More resources to be added soon.

Summarizing tasks and involvements

Hello everyone,

On Monday, a call was scheduled to launch our activities for periodic reporting. A second one was specific for the Comune di Milano team (@Rossana Torri and @Franca)

During Monday’s call, a request has been made to update this document (entitled Copy of all work packages), in order to match the current WP/Milestones/Tasks structure, as described in opencare’s grant agreement. A version of the update is available here. As I wasn’t there by the time of the proposal’s build-up, feel free to add or correct any information to make it as precise as possible.

@Alberto and @Lakomaa and @markomanka and @Rossana Torri and @Costantino

Time slots for calls on Thursdays

Hello,

@melancon and I thought of dedicating a specific time slot on Thursdays for calls for Q&A / feedback / remarks / else related to the redaction of the technical reports, starting tomorrow. Which slot(s) would suit you best?

@Alberto and @Lakomaa and @markomanka and @Rossana Torri and @Costantino

Tuesday or Thursday?

Thursdays is better for me as we have seminars on Tuesdays

Ping

What about you @melancon and @Alberto and @Lakomaa and @markomanka and @Rossana Torri and @Costantino ? Which day(s) and/or time slot(s) would suit you best ? I think it’s important that we settle a pace to the writing process.

Unavailable all week

But don’t worry, things will be done.

I don’t worry :slight_smile:

I don’t worry at all - I am just saying that we should set a time slot in the week until the end of February to enable us to have calls related to the writing process, when we feel the need to :)