From hell and back
- Why is the Data management part both in Part A and in Part B? They refer to Annex 1, but Annex 1 of what? We are supposed to say whether the Data Management Plan "needs updating", but in my understanding that document is an evolving one, and we write at least 3 times in the course of the project. Can we just point to a web page where we keep the updated version of the plan?
When they refer to Annex 1, they mention the Annex 1 of the grant agreement. I agree with you, the DMP is to be understood as an evolving document - we will make another update of the DMP, that will be enclosed to the reports (both on the SYGMA platform and in the .pdf one).
- It seems that the core of the report is a sort of progress report on WPs and Tasks in Part B. That would lead to a natural division of labour, because each WP and Task each have one partner responsible for it. So we would have WP teams led by WP leaders; and within them, task leaders would be charged with writing the update on individual tasks. Where needed, task leaders as other involved partners for written contributions to incorporate in the text.
Not a question, but a heads up: for everyone publishing data: the time has come to get serious, get DOIs, etc. Edgeryders will make sure that this happens for the data hosted on our website. I will post on this issue separately.
Just a reminder: infos recorded on Zenodo will be automatically added to the online part of our reports (directly on SYGMA).
- Anyone's got scientific papers in the pipeline? We are a bit short there. Here I cannot help much until well into 2017. Any ideas?
Maybe Erik @Lakomaa ?
- Is the financial information uploaded by Luce based on each partner's budget tracker?
As for finances, it is dual: the info is based on each partner’s budget tracker. I’ll record it all under EMDesk, as we did for the internal reporting, to monitor our expenses and have a match with the declarations of use of funds that each partner will have to record on the SYGMA platform. This because when all the partners (including UBordeaux) will have their expenses recorded on SYGMA, UBordeaux will have to confirm all the budgets through this platform too to ask for the 2nd payment (eventually asking partners to change their declaration beforehand, in case of mistakes).
- I suggest that the publishable summary (about 1300-1400 words) is well curated and doubles up as a blog post. We should probably do only this part of the report after the Milan meeting. Do you agree?
I had listed it as a thing to do from the start for two reasons: a) easy to do, almost ready from now, b) later in the process, working on this summary will still not sound as a priority in comparison to Impact section or WP descriptions. My point was: the sooner we get rid of this, the better (this summary can be updated anytime during the reporting period). We will most likely need more time to focus on other sections that may require bigger involvement and which will help us make the difference with the other projects.
But this is a point we can all discuss on Monday, no problem