Team Recruitment & Onboarding: getting started

Hi Lee,
All associate members expect Stephane have filled in all their onboarding documents, including the skills & experiences. Els (the buddy of Stephane) has reminded him already several times to complete his onboarding documents and I also sent him a private message on Edgeryders, to which he didn’t respond yet. He is also included in the reef-associate tag, so I would propose to go ahead with contacting the associate members for the teams set-up.
Thanks a lot for that.

2 Likes

Hi Chris, sorry your message had escaped my attention. For me, only Mondays are a ‘no’. Other weekday evenings are good. Weekend: also good, but preferably planned a few weeks in advance.

1 Like

Hi Chris,

I am free most days, except on Tuesday until 9 April included. On Wednesday Alberto and I have date night, so if he is ok to sacrifice one every once and while Wednesdays could also be possible. I prefer to not have Reef meetings during the weekend though, unless there is a pressing urgency.

1 Like

Hi all,

Just a quick non-significant update to let you know that I have updated the checklist by adding a point 10 to the Exploring stage. Summed up it says “prepare for steps 1-3 of the associate stage, because you need to finish this within one week”. Let’s see whether this helps to make the mini-bios and the teams choices a bit easier next time :smiley:.

2 Likes

Hi @reef-recruitment !

So it seems that Thursday evenings are the ideal time to schedule regular meetings. So I propose scheduling a monthly meeting for the rest of the year on a Thursday evening, excluding August (when people are mostly away on holiday). April is an issue, because there is already something Reef-related (or there will be soon) on every Thursday evening. I think we have some ongoing discussions (for example diversity and adjusting the process for potential household size, amongst other things) that should be returned to before May, so there is a one weekend date proposed after the next presentation. Here’s the suggestion:

Saturday 20 April (morning or afternoon)
Thursday 23 May (evening)
Thursday 20 June (evening)
Thursday 25 July (evening)
Thursday 19 August (evening)
Thursday 24 October (evening)
Thursday 28 November (evening)
Date in December TBD if needed

Feedback welcome, and if there’s no objections, I will add them to the calendar…
:slight_smile:

Also, as there has been no objections concerning our policy review (Recruitment process review), I propose that @mieke and I move forward with creating the buddy pool ahead of the next presentation in 3 weeks.

Hi @Chris,

Once every 4 weeks seems a bit much to me, but happy to give it a try.

The weekend of 20 April is a bit difficult though. Can it be an option to look for a date next time we see each other?

Hey @ChrisM,

I see that my tag above didn’t fully come through. Could you please pick this one up? This may now get really urgent. TIA!

Hi @Lee !
Missed your message on the 3rd. And I meant to come back to this thread sooner, but lost touch with it somehow…

I can’t remember why every 4 weeks seemed like a good idea. Not attached to it at all, so perhaps every 6 weeks would make more sense. I propose that we have a meeting soon, and I’ll propose a schedule moving forward while we’re all together.

Having said that, finding a free moment to meet soon is easier said than done. The only two times I can see for me in the next few weeks are Sunday 28 April (morning or afternoon) or Friday 3 May (afternoon). Do either of those days work for you? And @mieke and @alberto ??

Sorry both dont work for me

Hello @reef-recruitment,

It’s the least important detail ever, but since a recent post from a newling who has actually read the manual, I learned that we actually have two posts on membership:

The last thread has also become so long that it has become difficult to scroll towards the end.

What would you say about a proposal to close the “membership update thread”, with a link to a new one, where the first post would say something that this thread is meant for updates on people who are leaving?

I stumbled on l’Echappée’s manual (doing something else), and stumbled on something that I wanted to take note of. It’s on p. 5, where they speak about their recruitment process, where it says:

Au plus nous arrivions à la limite de taille de notre groupe, au plus nous avions des critères de sélections précis pour atteindre un équilibre entre personnes seules, familles, jeunes et moins jeunes, de langue différente.

Link to the manual: https://www.echappee.collectifs.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/Comment-Construire-Un-Cohabitat-2018.pdf
Link to our post on Edgeryders: L'Echappée: manual, vision and statutes

2 Likes

This is well within team autonomy.

Actually, we have 5 posts on membership:

I brought this up at a Team R&O meeting last year, and we agreed (I think… I don’t really want to trawl back through the minutes at this point) to keep ‘Welcome to the Reef!’ for proactive newlings to announce themselves, and which is the link provided in the Edgeryders manual. And we agreed to keep ‘Membership: update’ for members to announce they’re leaving and for us to announce who had moved on to the next stage of membership after a GA meeting. I tried to combine the other three threads into ‘Membership: update’, assuming they would slot into their date order, but they all bounced in at the end of the thread, which made it messy. This is also one of the reasons it’s now too long.

Fine with me, although would it also be for post-GA meeting updates concerning new Associate and Full Members? Also, buddies currently use the ‘Membership: update’ thread to welcome new members to the platform if they haven’t announced themselves on ‘Welcome to the Reef!’. This is the advice given and link provided in the buddy manual. So perhaps that should change too…

Yes and no. In terms of where the project is at right now, not exactly on the same level as getting the société simple sorted :slight_smile: But in terms of attracting new members, which may be an extremely important part of the process soon, better if we don’t confuse the hell out of them with their first foray onto the platform…

Thanks @ChrisM!

Proposal:

• We keep the “welcome” thread and point the buddies attention to this.

• We close the “update” thread, start a new one and use it for all exit or other messages (GA and everything). To keep a link between threads, you can write the first message of the new thread in the old one, then zap it to a new topic, and then close the old topic.

1 Like

@reef-recruitment, quick message for Wednesday’s meeting: I am planning to bring a detailed meeting preparation, which will in a way also be some sort of draft agenda. After that we can go in full brainstorming mode. Does that work for you?

1 Like

All good! I’ll take care of tidying this up…

Also all good! I didn’t intend to prepare an agenda, because I assumed that after our last conversation you had a bunch of priority points coming out of the Coordination Group meeting. I have one or two small outstanding points from our last Team R&O meeting, but I suspect they will now be directly related to what you have in mind…

1 Like

Hi @ChrisM @Lee , the minutes of our last meeting are added to Nextcloud.
Two quick questions:

• Is Miro already booked for 29 May?
  • Shall we plan our next meeting? (Unfortunately I have limited availibilites because I am away during the long weekend)
  • Sunday 5 May evening after 7 PM
  • Monday 6 May evening after 7h30 PM
  • Tuesday 7 May evening
  • Wednesday 8 May evening
  • Monday 13 May evening
  • Tuesday 14 May evening
  • None of the above
0 voters
1 Like

I don’t think so.
@alberto - would you be able to do that? I think you sent an email last time and it worked out quite well. Having said that, I’m happy to try and do it via text message if you prefer…

Does that mean we’re not meeting on the 19th? I was actually going to bring that up, because I want to organise a brunch at my place as a social event for new members, and the 19th is the only date I’ve got free for that before their deadline. We could still try and squeeze the meeting in before or after, but I would prefer it if it was another day. Unfortunately, I can’t make any of the dates above…

The meeting for the 19th is still on (I think), but I proposed some new dates because I understood that we wanted to have another meeting in between.