The Science Fiction Economics Lab: Brussels, November 11th

Hi guys, here is the checklist for organisers who want to have their event promoted as part of the Festival. This is advisable to do if you want more reach as it is basically plugging what you are doing into the running machinery. If you have questions, feel free to post them in a comment.

CHECKLIST FOR EVENT ORGANISERS

1. Update your event description above with the following:
    • Add a question that you want to answer through the session
    • Add an Faq Section (you can copy paste the one on my workshop description)
    • Add a description of the format. if you can make it a bit interactive or identify a specific methodology you will be using that’s great. Feel free to ask if you need help with this
  2. Make it easy for us to promote it:
    • Give @MariaEuler photos/visuals + statements/quotes she can use to customise design for a flyer and for a header for this event (as part of the festival)
  3. See what you think of this approach to one on one outreach for getting good input to help you develop the session, and the broader discussion you wish to build around the topics of your fellowship:
    • You send emails with to people you think can contribute to this discussion with personalised invitation using content from the one I forwarded you as a template/model
    • If they agree you can forward them to a member of Edgeryders staff (@inge for now) who then does the interview & transcribes content, and helps them to get on platform. You would need to agree with her on what questions you would like to ask…
  4. Read the articles posted by the contributers and write a summary. Perhaps you can also draw help from the data analysis team to make visualisations that can help you synthesise what is there and share it back with a nice visual graph. If this is something you want to explore, the person to talk to is @amelia.
2 Likes

@alberto and @nadia, is this event financed the same way as the rest of the festival? Should it, therefore, have the same FAQs?

@alberto, added the festival Flyer with Doctorow to this post

Not sure what you mean. SF-ECON has two sources of funding: it is a ER project in its own right, with a client who pays most of it, and it has a crowdfunding campaign out.

I cannot download it, though. “This page does not exist or is private”.

@alberto I mean this one: Acknowledging EU funding and project logos in communication materials - #2 by MariaEuler

all the post on the festival website should have that as i understand

oh, this one was just for the header, will send you the link with the files for download in 10 minutes

Then no. This is not funded by Horizon 2020. It has its own logo requirements, which are taken care of.

ok, that means that it also wont be able to use the same flyer? here is a link a folder with the facebook flyer with Doctorow without logos, since i do not know which one should go on it for this event. If the flyers for this event are taken care of from a different side that’s great. Wont do anything more on that until that’s cleared up :))

Sorry, I have no idea.

We have this abstract entity called “the festival”, which, at this point, is funded my multiple sources. If you want “the festival” to acknowledge all its sources of funding, then you need to add Climate-KIC’s logo. @ilaria has clear guidelines for branding. If not, we make an informal connection.

@MariaEuler Econ Scifi already has it’s own flyers etc. Lets discuss during the call today

2 Likes

Hello Nadia,
I saw you are the person to turn to regarding the event on the 11th. I just signed up to this platform and am curious if The Science Fiction Economics Lab event will be actually be held. I don’t see an address or clear agenda. I prepared a document (that I attached). It is a working document to transfer the economy to a Resource Based Economy. When you read my background (that I entered on this platform at my profile), you will see why I’m very interested in building this and discussing it with you, because I think this is exactly what you are looking for.

Please let me know what will happen on the 11th, if I can join, or that are other ways I can meet people that want to change the horrible monetary system we currently live in.

with kind regards,
Teun
Money (The Wrong Incentive).pdf (109.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi @teunvansambeek :slight_smile:

Welcome onboard!

The event is happening for sure. There is a website with the full agenda up here: https://scifieconomicslab.net/

@ilaria and @alberto are running the physical event, cou cou guys?

3 Likes

Hello @teunvansambeek, nice to meet you. I confirm the Lab is up and running. You can find more info and sign up at the following links:

This is a full explanation, and also where you can buy tickets:

You specifically might also be interested into our call for co-authors: Edgeryders | Start. I am coordinating that myself, and am very interested in finding out more about what you do.

Is that a good place to start?

2 Likes

Hi Alberto,
Great!
I definitely will send you an email. Working on it already.
gr. Teun

2 Likes

Hi Teun, welcome here!

Alberto and Nadia already gave you all the infos but, if you need something more, don’t hesitate to ask me too. I’m looking forward to know more about your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @nadia, I heard from Jean that the event was super good! Congratulations with the organization!!

1 Like

So looking forward to the documentation!

2 Likes

Human Labour, the new economic unit of account for Value (page 1-12, version 11-11-2019).pdf (169.4 KB)

Hello Ilaria,

Thank you for your message. It was great to meet the entire group. Unfortunately there was little time to speak to everybody more in depth.

I attached my paper so you can see what I’m working on.

I also saw the chart Alberto sent me. It’s not very clear to me what will happen next and I also don’t really know where I can follow the progress of the group. Perhaps you have a link to discussions within the group.

Thank you and hope to see you all again.

gr. Teun

2 Likes

@teunvansambeek, yes. I commit to an update about the next steps. Coming up soon.