Tuesdays at 16:30 CET: Weekly team call where we collaboratively select and curate content for effective communication

I have to reflect a bit on this joint response. I still do not really see the relevance to NGI, but then again that could then well. be me if you so all are in agreement that this is so. This is fine an interesting assertion: “The point of collective intelligence is that it corrects itself.” Will think about this and do some homework on collective intelligence.

1 Like

Example:

http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~fviegas/papers/history_flow.pdf

Our own work:

1 Like

I think the idea was to utilize a recent online trend as a conversation starter, and then see where that discussion goes. To me, the most relevant part for NGI from that viral video is probably “How do we want to deal with opinions and political campaigns on the Internet?” That’s the discussion that the video stirred here in Germany; basically “who can say what and when online about politics and how does it have to be marked”. Sadly, nobody from the community picked up on the thread, so we did not get there … .

As for opinions, I sure have them but I think I was careful to put my contributions in such a way to not create a politically divisive discussion. Also it’s a post by me as an individual, made in unpaid time – I’m only paid for tech stuff. (If we want to say something with official status for the project, we make that clear by putting it into privileged parts of the site like category descriptions or the company blog.)

If you have an idea how to distinguish more clearly what is project communication and what is just a personal opinion or contribution, let us know please. I think it could be clearer, but I don’t have a good idea for the UX right now …

Hi Mathias, I also have no clear idea but may be indeed it is. start to think about ‘official’ pages. As an outsider, not really knowing who are what edgeryders is, I see a discussion under Internet of Humans that is peopled by all edgeryders (everyone in it identifies as edegryders), so it looks like a kind of ‘supported’ discussion (even though, but I don’t know that as I enter, that edgeryders is not having a vision/mission as a group), and it is without a context that I can identify as NGI. So then I think, like I did, an expert that I invite from a workshop to go to the site and check IoH and find an internal German discussion might get confused, thank you for clarifying, good weekend! Rob

1 Like

Since me and filip are responsible - together with you all - for outreach, how I see it:

to @ all of the smart minds here: any kind of news that you think is relevant to discussions you are having, I would like to know about those. Either to see if there’s a way we can hook a topic we find relevant to a larger global conversation, or draw in people from different kinds of believes worried about a certain issue. Of course I actually follow quite a lot of these topics already as a journalist and a hobby news reader, but we can miss things that could be very pertinent to a part of a conversation held somewhere.

And no matter the topic, there’s going to be people who disagree, but that usually makes the conversation - if done well, much more interesting.

Add this:

I am Zmorda from Tunis. I will be working on a new project in the MENA region, a P2P online mentoring project, as a project manager. The effective start of the project will be next July. I will be happy to join you for this call to meet the team and learn about your work, and also to explore together what you can help us in this new project.

1 Like

Apologies for missing today’s meeting. I mixed up the time zone again. I will do my best to attend as many of the upcoming meetings. R

2 Likes

just to reiterate: we’re having on today, correct?

Yes

1 Like

@noemi @inge @johncoate @MariaEuler @anon82932460 @natalia_skoczylas @owen_mcneir just a reminder this call is still on. Iam on the road and traffic is nuts. Likely to be 15 mins late…

1 Like

Would be kinda hard for me to make it today. Do you need me a lot or is it ok if I am back from the next one?

You need to update the team i guess, about what is happening in Germany/big on the national newsstream this week. Also links to conversations or posts, including your own. Maybe as acomment here?

I’m here and ready to go

So, we should have our content curation call in 45 minutes - @nadia were talking last week and we think we should/could bring it down to once a month. I am available for a call today, but let me know if you all want to proceed or if we should schedule for in a few weeks @noemi @johncoate @hugi @MariaEuler @Jirka_Kocian @natalia_skoczylas @Richard @anon82932460 and others

1 Like

I can go either way depending on what’s needed.

I am here, so let me know if it s happening, otherwise, anything you need, we can talk through on the platform.

I won’t be able to make it this week. I’m on a train coming back from Oxford. R

Same here, can’t make it, but have sent things and following the reporting on whats coming out of the social media choice content… Thats what interests me the most.

+1 for 1 call a month.

3 Likes

Looks like we can pass on today. Is Nadia still at the EC meeting?

2 Likes