UNDP Georgia are looking for a community mobilizer. Call open until 16/3

Hello all,

This might be of interest to you or people you know doing great work at the grassroots level - in mostly any area of change.

After Futurespotters in 2014 and Future Makers in 2015, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Volunteers and to an extent Edgeryders, are continuing the work of looking at volunteer driven initiatives in a different way and building conditions so that active change makers work more closely with well meaning (public) organisations.

This year, in this same region we attempt to make an innovation in governance. UNDP are collaborating with cities and networked youth to earmark public spaces and hand them over for community experimentation on solutions to development challenges. It is wild and ambitious, and it needs community builders!

In Georgia, such a public space will be designated in Rustavi, and now UNDP are looking to hire from there or around.

Here is their complete part time job announcement where you can check out all the details and apply, following the instructions.

Otherwise, if you know anyone in the area interested in community mobilization and outreach, spread the word!

By the way, this new project keeps with the FutureMakers name. Myself and @Alberto are already involved and will be visiting soon, so we will be in touch anyway. Hope to see you soon!

Last day to receive applications for the job

Pinging @Inge @Inga_Popovaite  @Boris @Tamara_Kurdadze   @Elene_Margvelashvili @Ninutsa_Nanitashvili  just in case you know someone interested!

Khatuna told me about it a few months ago, and when I saw it a couple of weeks ago on undp site, I applied!

1 Like