We heard the food is awsome in Tbilisi, how can we verify this to the world on a tight budget? Come help!

During the Spot the Future event in Tbilisi from the 24th till 26th, we of course need to eat in the evening. ideally we would love to cook food together, it strengthens collaboration and a community feeling.

What are we looking for?

• group cooking
  • social kitchens

Let us know if you will take up this task to find something :slight_smile:

I think you already know my answer to “what will we eat?

2 Likes

Haha, yes! It would be great if we could learn how to make Khinkali, Khachapuri and Badrijani ourselves! :smiley:

1 Like

Egyptian Food

If I join… I think I can bring typical Egyptian food (canned of course) :slight_smile:

1 Like

what about multi cultural food :slight_smile:

Hey @amiridina   I can help with the Egyptian food   :slight_smile:

I actually like the suggestion that every group make traditional food , but not in a way we divide ourselves into clusters of different nationalities , each group may have a chief :slight_smile: who is responsible for the traditional food and the others help with the preparation .

2 Likes

Super!!

Yes!! And we learn how to cook new dishes. I won’t be the chef. :)) Monsieur… a vous!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Food Not Bombs

worth trying to reach out: Food Not Bombs Contacts in Europe

also if nothing like Foodsharing / Foodrescuing exist in that region maybe worth creating local spin offs:

• http://foodsharing.de
  • http://www.lebensmittelretten.de/

in Berlin I also know about big and more ‘old fashined network’ where one could easily arrange big amount of bread, fruits and vegetables: Home - Berliner Tafel e. V. maybe something similar exists around there?

Food ideas!

So, after yesterday’s bi-weekly meet-up we came up with some ideas! One of them was to ask cafe Bauhaus if we could cook food there, and they said yes! They could set up in the cafe place for us to make/cook food! So, we have a social kitchen ;). Another idea was to have a picnic somewhere, many beautiful spots in and around Tbilisi.

wow

The folks in Bauhaus are as generous as I remember them!! Should we go ahead and schedule a social kitchen for the 24th in the evening? Might work as a great icebreaker/ warm up exercise :slight_smile:

How many can cook?

As for the bar capacity, it easily hosts 40 people, correct me if I’m wrong Inge.

Thanks for all the updates!

yes!

I was thinking exactly the same, the 24th would be good! I’ll let them know.