I want to be part of the team

Hello Egderyders, Nadia and all of you, My name is Jasmine Elnadeem. I am very interested in job opportunity, and think that with my skills I could be an asset to your mission.

I would like to stress that I am a very diligent person who takes work seriously, and have international experience. Having covered different topics in my ninteen-year career in media and journalism has moulded me in being versatile, a fast learner and a very good listener.

I have worked at the leading newspaper in Egypt, Al Ahram Daily since 2005, and my experience goes beyond working in Al Ahram. This passion that I have for journalism has greatly enriched me, especially in news reporting and editing, it also gave me the opportunity to travel to other countries like Lebanon, Syria, Kazakhstan, Malta, Italy, Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Thailand and France. In some of these countries I have established strong contacts with the local media.

As a journalist I am used to gathering information and efficiently and succinctly packaging it in various formats. Gathering background information and documentation, putting together briefing and presentation materials are second nature to me. I have also learned to effectively manage and file this information and have a deep and committed understanding of the need for confidentiality and the protection of sources and source material.

“Journalism is more than a profession for me; it is part of my life” :slight_smile:

I also worked as Web Manager and Social Media Strategist for Sweden’s official website in Arabic http://ar.sweden.se at the Swedish Institute I performed in principal all the key functions noted under points one through four.

As the only member of the project team based in Egypt I have had responsibility for all contacts and follow-ups with local vendors, both financial and practical. I prepared the budget, developed the contacts database, calendar and events schedule and organised the workshops both in Egypt and regionally. I have also given lectures at these events. I have developed and written the communication channels for the project in both Arabic and English and have given regular statistical, strategic and tactical reports on a monthly basis.

Lately I worked as Web Manager and Social Media Strategist for OneWorld Uk’s awareness raising project on sexual and reproductive health in Egypt - http://ma3looma.net.

I worked as a social media consultant for the European Training Foundation (ETF), an agency of the European Union. I Developed a social media campaign to present a model to show how policymakers and ETF experts can use social media to draw conclusions from, share knowledge around and learn from each other about how evidence can improve policymaking.

The social media campaign I designed for the (ETF), won the international IABC’s Gold Quill Merit Award and EMErald Award 2011. This was the first time an EU body received such a prestigious award.

I have experience with various aspects of social media, including: online video platforms, blogging platforms, viral marketing, Twitter & microblogging, and Social networking (esp. Facebook, LinkedIn). I have a deep practical and theoretical knowledge of customizing brand monitoring strategies. Enjoys working in dynamic environments. Strong interpersonal skills and works well with others. Good communicator and excellent writer. Curious, inquisitive, hard working, and loves challenges.

The added value I bring with me is that I have a tempered experience, in English and Arabic, to ensure visibility, media coverage and leverage on print media, social media, websites and contribute to your mission as requested. I would welcome the chance to provide you with additional information, so please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely, Jasmine Elnadeem

http://about.me/selnadeem

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Hi Jasmine, thanks for taking the time to join Edgeryders and for introducing yourself to us all,

I’m Noemi, one of the community managers and also manning the social media accounts for Edgeryders (mostly because someone in the community has to do it!), and I have to say reading into what you’re saying you seem to be very much a wiz in this field, we do need to connect :slight_smile:

What do you think about Spot the Future? Did you get the chance to read more about it, in this group? Is it clear enough? Basically we;re super interested to connect with the most interesting, underground, less known initiatives which are contributing to social change in Egypt.  In our community’s experience, these tend to be located outside mainstream media channels, stuff you don’t read in the papers: for example small community gardens on top of someone’s home, or people who are sharing their personal objects with strangers to make someone happy, or neighborhood art galleries promoting powerful social messages, and many more, irrespective of field. I am wondering whether you think you can connect us with those kind of people who are trying out solutions to improve how they/their families/ their communities live? Got an idea of how to reach them?

1 Like

Thank you

Hi Noemi

Thanks for welcoming me. I will be glad if we can connect :slight_smile:

I’m still not sure how do you think I can help you?

Regarding the social change initiatives in Egypt, there are countless initiatives that have sprung out of the energy generated by the 25 January Revolution.

For example:

Al lagna al shaabia le taweiat ahaleena fe rief wa saaid Misr  - (The people’s committee for raising awareness of the constitutional rights of our families in Upper and Lower Egypt). This is the brainchild of Reem Shaqweer, a music teacher and composer. Shaqweer first created this facebook group to network with volunteers in Upper and Lower Egypt in order to promote the idea. She sought the expertise of a lawyer who volunteered to facilitate the basic constitutional and voting rights into short points.

On a similiar note, Esha Masr Betetghayar (Wake up, Egypt is changing) is an initiative by young resident of Al Hay Al Sabea district in Madinet Nasr. The facebook group was created during the revolution.

There is also interesting initiatives is Om-eldonia (Mother of the world) a non-profit online media initiative. The idea here is to create objective media not biased.

Om-eldonia has created a database for all such initiatives to enable networking and media exposure.

Is this what you are searching for?!

Welcome to Edgeryders Jasmine

Nice to meet you again in here Jasmine :slight_smile: I personally am interested in connecting with my peers in Egypt who like myself are working far outside the mainstream and we are often hard to reach and engage in new initiatives because our time and attention spans are spread very thin. The work is often demanding and you do it without much support, so the day to day is quite a struggle.

Like Noemi I’d like to know how you would see yourself helping us reach out to and engage people doing work in Egypt in a process which involves us all interacting with one another online, here on Edgeryders.Can you maybe give some examples of people and projects you know of that may be interested in collaborating with us? On a general level here is the process I see us all building together with the help of the people who would be taking on the paid positions. Any thoughts or questions about it?

Thank you Nadia :slight_smile:

Hej Nadia,

Glad to meet you too :wink:

Thanks for your help.

As I said to Noemi, there are countless initiatives that have sprung out of the energy generated by the 25 January Revolution.

For example: Al lagna al shaabia le taweiat ahaleena fe rief wa saaid Misr  - (The people’s committee for raising awareness of the constitutional rights of our families in Upper and Lower Egypt). This is the brainchild of Reem Shaqweer, a music teacher and composer. Shaqweer first created this facebook group to network with volunteers in Upper and Lower Egypt in order to promote the idea. She sought the expertise of a lawyer who volunteered to facilitate the basic constitutional and voting rights into short points.

On a similiar note, Esha Masr Betetghayar (Wake up, Egypt is changing) is an initiative by young resident of Al Hay Al Sabea district in Madinet Nasr. The facebook group was created during the revolution.

There is also interesting initiatives is Om-eldonia (Mother of the world) a non-profit online media initiative. The idea here is to create objective media not biased. Om-eldonia has created a database for all such initiatives to enable networking and media exposure.

Is this what you are searching for?! How do you think I can help/work with you?

Hi yasmine :slight_smile:

Hello Yasmine!

My name is Gazbee, and I am working at UNDP in Egypt. Nice to meet you!

It seems like you have a lot of experience in journalism and social media, impressive resume!

I just wanted to ask you if if you have some background about the tech-community and innovation in Egypt! There has definitely been an upsurge in people using technology to find creative solutions for some of the challenges we face in Egypt.

Spot the Future aims at mapping and finding those people that are working on interesting and innovative initiatives that tackle a certain problem within the community. It doesn’t necessarily have to be political, but could be anybody working on a creative project that helps improve an aspect within our society such as environmental issues; just wanted to know know what you think about the innovators community in Egypt and where you think you may find them?

All the best,

Gazbee