Every week Edgeryders hosts a group video conference call to welcome new people in the community, as well as get up to speed with what is going on and where help is needed
. We document the sessions and post them online in the weekly blogposts about what is going on, and where people can jump in to help each other. If you know someone who should be in this call but isn’t, go ahead and invite them!
If you want to bring something up at the next group conference call, just post a comment here before the event to give us time to coordinate a bit. See you soon!
Join the hangout: http://goo.gl/8SBxCA
…or fast forward through short recaps of all community calls
What do we do in the calls?
- Catch up with the latest events and news from the community members
- Onboard new edgeryders
- Get to know one another and learn about each other's projects
- Meet new inspiring people
- Find opportunities to join interesting initiatives
- Support each others work
- Keep one another motivated
- Have a nice time together
Community calls are a great way to come together, inspire one another, and help each other peer to peer.
Time and place:
Every Thursday 11AM CET
In our online space: http://goo.gl/8SBxCA
Join this event to let others know you are coming.
Post a comment if you want us to bring something up at least 24 hours before the event
See you in the call!
Date: 2014-07-11 09:00:00 - 2014-07-12 09:00:00, Europe/Berlin Time.
Agenda for today’s call
Today we are kicking off the work of building lote4, the fourth edition of our much anticipated annual event. Wha’t
1. Most of today’s hangout call will be dedicated to:
- Identifying main things that need doing within the key task areas (still missing from that list are "local event coordination and outreach" as well as "Travel and accommodations").
- Breaking them down into tasks to be done before, during and after the physical event.
- Building a budget for the event based on the above.
2. If we have time we will discuss: What information do we need to communicate about the LOTE event and what makes it special? To Materani? To stressed out people running meaningful projects that can do with a little help? What are the key points that any and all communication needs to get through? How do we get it spread with no resources?
We need to produce a series of blog posts introducing the event, calling for projects, calling for problems, a twitterstorm etc. As well as some communications materials: flyers calling for people to join the count on me lists, the community calls, and the different task teams. The first one is urgent, ideally it should go out tomorrow!
Would like to check in on the latest but will be 2am for me here
Will try and plan better for next weeks call…
assalam alikum peace upon you
i"m elhachemi from algeria i m excited to hangout with you guys
Time to catch up!
Hey, anyone else joining tomorrow? All welcome, we usually start by doing a round of introductions, filling people in on latest that’s happening on Edgeryders -online, in Georgia, Matera or wherever there is some action, give each other advice, plan BIG etc.
Looking forward to seeing you, here are summaries from our last week’s calls, if you missed those.
1st of May
Hello! 1st of May might be a holiday for some people, and I’ll be a bit busy as I’m co-organising OuiShare Labs in Paris at that time, so possibly some of us can’t make it, but for those who have time and good will, please use this space to meetup, to keep the rhythm @mishek and @Vidrij Da can you make it ?
Ok let’s do this
I’ll make an extra effort to be there on time, now that (some) unMonasterians might show up too…
Proposed agenda is
- introducing our Twitterstorm events to new Edgeryders and preparing next week’s futurespotters global storm announcing our June event in Tbilisi; seeding discussion is this conversation
2. tightening up coordination between unMonastery and Edgeryders - especially the communication agency; seeding the discussion is this conversation
Anything else we are missing @Ben? @Inge? @Hazem? @Nadia? @Vahagn? Please add your own points if you’re joining. See you!
about the education
I wanted to discuss with u about the possibilities of pushing the discusion about education forward . here and here may be next week if we don’t have time . will try to write a longer comment about it in one of the discussions tonight
i’ll be there
I’ll be there too, see you soon