I am speaking at TEDxPompeii next week. We expect a larger international echo than most TEDx events, because, well, Pompeii. I am going to focus on the power of skilled communities, and on the fact that institutions need to give up control if they want to work with them.
In other words, I am going to be talking about you guys. The key part of that will be inspiring, edgy stories of communities self-organizing to achieve something for the public good: one story, one slide.
So: would you like to propose a story? Incredible things are happening in Future Makers Nepal, Future Makers Global, Spot The Future Bucharest, and all over the community. I know I would like to mention at least:
- the unMonastery (@Ben, @katalin, @Bembo_Davies and many others)
- CoderDojo Matera (@piersoft, @azzurra, @IdaLeone)
- The Raspberry Pi local knowledge servers in Nepal (I know, it is premature, but I am in love with this idea... @Matthias, @Natalia_Skoczylas, @meenabhatta, @Dipti_Sherchan, @trythis, @Billy_Smith...)
- The Al-Mutamidya Ring Road story in Cairo (@Hazem)
- Confiscati Bene in Italy.
- PrinzessinnenGarten in Berlin (@Caroline_Paulick-Thiel)
But I am definitely missing out! For example, Spot The Future Bucharest is so bustling that I actually lost the overview; I have the impression of a very lively scene but am having trouble picking out one story in particular. Maybe @Alex_Stef can help. Calling also the FutureMakers Global crowd: @Inge, @Driss, @Hegazy, @Mikhail_Volchak, @Iriedawta, @nataliegryvnyak.
If you want to propose a story, write a comment with a one-paragraph, and link a picture to me. Thanks!