Edgeryders is looking for freelance journalists from the Czech Republic, Poland, and Serbia to conduct series of interviews on topics such as safety and health as a part of our POPREBEL research project.
POPREBEL - Populist rebellion against modernity in 21st-century Eastern Europe has the aim to describe the phenomenon of populism, create a typology of its various manifestations, reconstruct trajectories of its growth and decline, investigate its causes, interpret its meanings, diagnose its consequences, and propose policy solutions.
We are looking for curious, determined, and focused journalists to join our team. As a reporter, you will conduct research, interview sources, and write engaging stories to inform, captivate, and grow our audience. Our ideal candidate is a proactive go-getter, clear communicator, and dedicated to producing unbiased stories.
Journalist Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct series of interviews with people from non-urban/rural parts of your homeland researching their view on safety, security and health
- Build a network of sources for interviews and develop relationships within the community
- Take photographs, video, or audio recordings for documentation
- Post the interviews on edgeryders.eu and support interviewees to register with an account
Journalist Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, English, or related field
- Native speaker of Czech or Polish or Serbian and good level of English
- Able to maintain an ethical, honest, and objective standard in reporting
- Adaptable and able to build rapport with a diverse array of people
- Disciplined with strong time management skills; able to work to deadlines
- Superb research and writing skills
- Creative and inquiring mind
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of communications media and telecommunications technology, familiar with online communication
Similar Job Titles
- Staff Writer
The engagement period and remuneration will be agreed on based on mutually convened deliverables at the contract negotiation phase following this call. The reason for this is that we are aware of different skill levels, hourly rate and time constraints that candidates might have, and wish to be able to accommodate that.
How to apply
Please fill in our tell form https://tell.edgeryders.eu/14545