Save the Hashtag: #LOTE4 Twitterstorm 16 of September at 12:00 CET

Our meeting in Matera is approaching very fast - as part of the preparation and increasing the buzz for the event we would like to invite everyone to a Twitterstorm @Edgeryders style on the 16th of September. Usually twitterstorms, exciting and special events for our community, allow us to involve very distant ideas, reach thousands of people in many languages, communicate the news, improve and grow. Our aim is to let the Internets know Lote4 is happening and how stewarding is a way forward to making ourselves and our communities thrive.

Why are we doing this?

We did it before and know it works. We love it because it’s an easy, fun way in for more Edgeryders to get involved in helping shape our event, at low coordination costs. A couple of tweets by everyone joining Lote4, in their own languages, and think how much we can achieve.

Why should you be a part of this?

A twitterstorm does not only aim towards reaching masses of people, but is making every one of us part of the creative process of making LOTE4 exactly what you want it to be.

What’s more, you can use the opportunity to tweet about your work or project to a much bigger audience than your ordinary one.

One hour. All together online. Not your usual press conference, right?

So, will you be tuning in on the 16th of September 2014 to tweet lote4?

Date: 2014-09-16 10:00:00 - 2014-09-16 10:00:00, Europe/Brussels Time.

Definitely in

Looking forward to this!

If anyone wants to help prepare this event as a way of earning a Lote ticket, now’s the time to do it as we start issuing tickets. Do check out the tasks in the Communication team, and get in touch in the comments, thanks!

Network effect …

Cool!

I’ll try to see if friends from @SoMediaSquad would like to join. One of them invited me to participate in Impact Journalism Day @Dorotea

In!

woop woop! Nice flyer too :slight_smile:

In

How could I miss it?

yes!

I am, obviously, in. Where can we find the tweets to be send out?

neah!

Most probably this time around only @edgeryders tweets those, we decided to go for human tweets.

Homework for all is to prepare a few in advance, and assume we will leave the last half hour or so for conversation between us humans.

Think of your favourite projects in Georgia and the Netherlands and stand ready to tweet them, as well as links and pinging the stewards/ project initiators… Personally I’m in favour of metrics that tell us many more people tweeted as opposed to just big no. of tweets or absolute reach.

Dunno, would you think this could work better than last time?

sure!

sounds good to me, I’ll prepare some for myself :))) And in dutch, georgian and english :)))

Tweeting yesterday should count for earning a ticket!

@Natalia_Skoczylas, I would propose a number of those tweeting relentlessly yesterday be awarded the amounts needed to complete their progress to a ticket, would that make sense? It’s collaboration, it’s lote4 related, and we all saw the twitterers :slight_smile:

The first ones to get in touch for this were @EmilyJones, @azzurra and I bet @CommonFutures would not say no to this… Hope this works for you all, thanks a ton, was lovely to read you yesterday!

absolutelly, i will send you the payments tomorrow - @emilyjones @azzurra and @commonfutures, please pm me your makerfox accounts on natalia@edgeryders.eu and we will fetch them asap;)