Team Building: getting started

Hi @JolanWuyts, thanks for the updates.
On my side and also related to one comment from @Lee, I’m having some personal reflections on the fact that we might need to look for some professionals to help us supervise and oversee the different processes, requirements and checklists to make sure we don’t forget important things that could end up costing us a lot in the long run. This is the goal of team building (together with the other ones), but at the same time, I see here the clear need for such specific and continue support, not just ad hoc and not silos based. I don’t know what is in scope with our architects and I’m wondering if they work in combination with other associate professionals that can help us.

1 Like

@JolanWuyts

The contract would be a document that sets out the specifics of the feasibility studies: how much they cost, that they will be deducted from their fee if we decide to build the cohousing with them etc. I figure they must have a standard contract like that in their drawer.

Any news about the survey? If not, can it be an option to move forward without them?

For the property hunter I’ll initiate the contact and I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Hi @Lee and @MariaClaudia ,

Thanks for your replies :slight_smile:

• the architects haven’t gotten back to me about the survey yet, I’m sending them a reminder email today to ask for an update. I personally don’t think we can move forward without the survey, ‘Le Programme’ is a crucial piece of info we need to be able to go out and start finding a site, not only for Team Building but also for Team Finance and other teams. That said, I’m happy to consider any proposed alternatives.
  • thanks for clarifying your point about the contract, in my email to Stekke and Fraas today I’ll ask about that specifically.
  • and thank you for starting the convo with a property hunter! Is this what you meant in your message about having a professional support us, Maria Claudia?

Hi @JolanWuyts,

What I meant to say is: your survey is close to perfect, it’s based on input from the architects, so if they are not coming through in time with their feedback, my preference would be to send the survey to the Reeflings, so that they get sufficient time. What do you think?

Ahh I see, thanks for clarifying! I haven’t heard back from the architects yet, so I do agree that if we don’t have an answer by tomorrow we can go ahead and send the ‘unchecked’ survey to everyone, to at least get as much info as we can before the end of March. If we need additional info we can always ask for it later down the line.

Great! Just a question: can it be an option to put the deadline around mid-March?

The reason for this is that Alberto needs data on the size of the units to estimate how we can differentiate people’s contribution to the option. He already presented the basic reasoning in a separate post (warning: if you have a strong inner nerd, it may be easily get dragged in :smiley:), and he realised he needs more concrete data to be able to finish the job.

Well, the real reason for this is that we cannot do anything at all without le programme, that gives us the specs of the site we need to buy. But indeed, one of the things this unlocks is that particular decision.

1 Like

Hiya! Here are the answers from the architects to the questions you posed in the above post:

• cost of a feasibility study: between 8 and 12 hours of work at the cost of 60 EUR/hour excluding VAT. so the ‘worst case’ there is a cost of 871 EUR including 21% VAT for 12 hours of work.
  • the architects have no standard contract they use for feasibility studies. They’re going to look into adapting a different standard contract they have to share with us.
2 Likes

Hey @reef-building, @Sarah, @ugne and (potentially?) @Dave_behave,
As you know or have seen in this post, we had a coordination group meeting last Wednesday where we discussed the priority tasks for April and May. The scouting exercise is, obviously, very high on the list and Team Building has considerably shrunk over the past weeks. As some other teams are dormant or not very active at the moment, we figured it would be useful to focus on important tasks and not stick to one’s assigned team.

My question therefore is if you’d be happy to have a few (temporary) additional members. From the coordination group, Ugne, Sarah and myself would be happy to help. If anybody else from @reef-associate would like to join - poll below :slight_smile:

I understand, that you, @MariaAM, are very busy until 19/04 but maybe you would have time for a quick meeting - and if not, I guess we can make it work after that date as the proposal on the scouting exercise has been postponed to the plenary on 02/05 which gives us enough time to schedule a meeting to discuss the Team’s set-up and distribute the different tasks.
So here is the poll:

Next Team Building Meeting
  • 12/04 (8pm)
  • 13/04 (8pm)
  • 14/04 (8pm)
  • 15/04 (8pm)
  • 16/04 (8pm)
  • 18/04 (8pm)
  • 19/04 (8pm)
  • 20/04 (8pm)
  • 21/04 (8pm)
  • 22/04 (8pm)
  • 23/04 (8pm)
0 voters

Take care,

Sophie

2 Likes

I haven’t put any date before the 21/04 since maria is not available. Which means I don’t have much availability, sorry. If it does not happen on the day when I can definetly join, I’ll see whether I can make it work last mn.

2 Likes

Thanks @MariaAM, @Sarah and @ugne for filling in the poll. @MariaClaudia and @Dave_behave - does the 21/04 and/or the 23/04 work for you?
Also, thanks to @Lee, we already have a draft agenda with possible items to discuss :slight_smile: Feel free to add to it!

1 Like

Looks like it’s going to be the 4 of us, @MariaAM, @Sarah and @ugne.
@Sarah is there any chance you could be available for a meeting on 21/04 - maybe earlier if that works for the others? I’ll be on a train all day on 23/04 unfortunately, and I think it would be really important to get everyone together :slight_smile:

A meeting on the 21 from 17.00 onwards works for me.

1 Like

HI guys! We have a dinner on Friday night, so 21 August could definitely work, but could we make it at 5pm then so we have time to finish by the time we need to leave? Thanks!

Sorry but I’m working until 6pm, so won"t be able to make it at 5pm…

What about we start at 17h30 & Sara joins us at 18h?

I don"t think it’s gonna work. I rarely finish on time… But we can keep it that way, and I’ll see whether I can join or not…

1 Like

@Sarah, @ugne and @MariaAM, ok if we say 6pm so that Sarah doesn’t miss most of the meeting? I’ll put it in the calendar. See you all on Friday!

P.S.: And of course: Best of luck for tomorrow @MariaAM :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes, thank you @Sophie_Beese !

1 Like

Hey @MariaAM (and also @ugne and @Sarah), I have just saved a draft of the proposal for the scouting excercise: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/apps/files/?dir=/The%20Reef%20shared%20folder/Team%20Reef/Proposals&fileid=5147
Let me know what you think and feel free to add to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes