Travel and Accommodation support

I’m travelling on Wednesday 18th by Eurostar, leaving on 15:04.

1 Like

Hi All. If any others are looking to share AirBnB do let me know. Thanks @asimong. I will have to leave London early morning at circa 06:30 by rail/bus to Brussels on the morning of the 19th Oct. I anticipate arriving at circa 08:40 in Brussels and will make my way to to conference. Unfortunately, I have to remain in London on the night of the 18 Oct for a meeting.

If anyone else plans on leaving London early morning 19 Oct, do let me know.

@noemi thanks for arranging this! @asimong look forward to meeting you! Seems likely I will depart LND on the Eurostar on 17th Oct to meet with some people in Brussels and then join you all at the flat on the 18th.

This is wonderful, thanks @noemi

Hi @Olia, looking forward to meeting you properly at the Festival

@Sohayeb @baderdean

I encourage everyone to sign up for tasks here

@nabeel_p @alex_levene (just double check) and the rest of the folks coming over

1 Like

Hello, I’m looking for an accomodation from 18 October to 22 October close to the event. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I am also looking for accommodation - any and all suggestions welcome. Thank you.

1 Like

@baderdean @minted242 I will have a look at apartments, or depending on your budget would you prefer hostels?

Minted242 have we met or are you part of a team already set to come? I don’t see any posts by you around here, have you registered for the festival? That would be the first step to join. See instructions on Edgeryders Festival | November 19-29th 2019.

Thank you for the information @noemi, I looked at the registration now but I unfortunately cannot afford that individual participation fee in addition to finding accommodation and traveling there.

@noemi. The cheapest and the closest to the event is the better. However I don’t have a clue about the budget of the funding for hosting… @zmorda

Thanks, Noemi. I accepted the airbnb itinerary, which looks fine. Please let me know if there is anything else to do in this regard. Looking forward to meeting everyone else! Hi, @asimong, @bernard & @cindys - I am a biologist working with Hackuarium in Switzerland!
My big interests are citizen science, public health, and dynamic ‘genomic integrity’ - an idea which is basically pulling together all the molecular genetic aspects of cell bio into one ‘big picture concept’ - esp to sensitize people about possibilities for prevention.
ciao for now

I rented an Airbnb studio close to the venue (~15min walking distance) from Wed 18-Sun 22 Oct. I reserved it with two guests since it is the same price as one. I can take my thermarest sleeping pad (183x63x7cm) and offer it to a second guest to crash on. @noemi, if you know of any girls in dire need of accommodation you can direct them to me.

2 Likes

This is very very generous of you Gaby! will do <3

1 Like

Hi @minted242 if you read the registration info you will see that the tickets are free of charge for people who take the time to share their story, read others and contribute advice ahead of the event. Initially we thought of only opening the first days, but we welcome people to stay on anyway.

1 Like

Hi All

For anyone else looking for a place to stay, perhaps we could do an airbnb share of some sort? Do let me know as I, too, will be keen on a place from 19-22 Oct. I’ll only arrive early morning on the 19 Oct as I’m travelling from London at 06:30. I’ll come directly to the venue from the rail station.

Any advise, assistance, house mates will be welcome.

@zmorda and @hazem should know if you’re covered by a grant of MENA fellowship. otherwise, people around here might anyway offer you a spot in a shared space, let’s see :slight_smile:

@sabgaby If the offer wasn’t taken yet… I am still looking for a place to stay in… Please let me know

Hey @Heba, the offer is still standing if you want it! PM me so we can discuss details.

2 Likes

Hey @noemi - I’ve enquired to join the Harvesting team - would love to come!

I need help with getting there from Berlin and somewhere to stay Fri - Sun/ Mon (have to teach Thursday). Is anyone driving from Berlin / @winnieponcelet mentioned there might be somewhere to crash?

1 Like