Travel and Accommodation support

Hi @minted242 if you read the registration info you will see that the tickets are free of charge for people who take the time to share their story, read others and contribute advice ahead of the event. Initially we thought of only opening the first days, but we welcome people to stay on anyway.

1 Like

Hi All

For anyone else looking for a place to stay, perhaps we could do an airbnb share of some sort? Do let me know as I, too, will be keen on a place from 19-22 Oct. I’ll only arrive early morning on the 19 Oct as I’m travelling from London at 06:30. I’ll come directly to the venue from the rail station.

Any advise, assistance, house mates will be welcome.

@zmorda and @hazem should know if you’re covered by a grant of MENA fellowship. otherwise, people around here might anyway offer you a spot in a shared space, let’s see :slight_smile:

@sabgaby If the offer wasn’t taken yet… I am still looking for a place to stay in… Please let me know

Hey @Heba, the offer is still standing if you want it! PM me so we can discuss details.

2 Likes

Hey @noemi - I’ve enquired to join the Harvesting team - would love to come!

I need help with getting there from Berlin and somewhere to stay Fri - Sun/ Mon (have to teach Thursday). Is anyone driving from Berlin / @winnieponcelet mentioned there might be somewhere to crash?

1 Like

I have some friends who offered to host people during the festival. It would help to have an overview of those that still need a place to crash.

I’ll go ahead and already get @iamkat set up. Ping @noemi @natalia_skoczylas

Hi @iamkat @winnieponcelet, it’s been a while since we talked, sorry we had to respond to other incoming requests so we de-prioritized the non answers :frowning: My proposal is that Winnie helps you find accommodation and you cover your travel, hope this works!

@thomasmboa @Nabeel and @baderdean are still looking I think.

1 Like

@Yosser

@noemi thank you but I booked on airbnb…

1 Like

Thanks @noemi - I see - I’m sorry I dropped off the map… things have been a bit difficult the last few months. I tried to respond to queries about my proposed session but it didn’t seem to chime for some reason… Maybe I was missing extra messages or maybe there was a miscommunication. Anyway, I am going to struggle to fund travel myself - train and flights are too expensive for me at the moment. I guess the question is whether anyone’s driving from Berlin and can take an extra passenger, and how much that would cost. Do you know of anyone? cc @winnieponcelet

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, Kat. I don’t know of anyone coming from Berlin. I saw the plane and bus tickets have indeed become more expensive. Let’s find a solution though.

In general: I’m willing to pitch in 100 Euro to help cover travel/lodging costs. So if that helps you Kat to come, let me know.

2 Likes

Hello crew! I’m currently in Paris and excited to see the festival shaping up. I’d be interested in joining you guys although my current financial situation would limit my ability to travel there and stay. Who might I speak with to see about 1: How I can contribute and what I could share as well as 2: how will I get there and where will I stay?
+BG

Hi @bilal - we’d love for you to come, at the moment my best bet is that we can cover one of the two - most likely accommodation at friends houses. How much is the train from Paris as of today?

1 Like

يجب على الجميع المساهمة في انجاح المهرجان ارجو التزافق

hey @noemi. it looks like we do have an extra spot in one of our airbnbs, but it will cost $18 to add another person.

Great! If Kat above is covered by Ton then the next up is @nabeel_p, who only needs it on the 19th, 20th, 21st, so 3 nights.
We can reimburse it from ER to woodbine or Nabeel. Thanks!!

@winnieponcelet if you can help find a place for Thomas @thomasmboa then we’re settled with everyone in this thread! Yaaay.

1 Like

Thanks for the response @noemi :smiley: 136.00 € getting me there on the 19th at 730 am and returning 8am on the 22nd using sncf :slight_smile:

I can also search for a bus :slight_smile: Hugs!

1 Like

There is one sofa/bed left where I’m staying though would work best if it were another woman. Though if that’s not possible and its sorts out the accommodation - I can be comfortable with that.