We have no idea how a press conference on Twitter is going to pan out, of course. But it sounds like fun, so we’ll try it anyway. Everyone is welcome join in and help. It’s super-easy. Here is how it works:
- Monday 23rd September at 10:55 am CET tune in on Twitter. Open a window with a search for \#unmon – click here to do so in one click.
- while you are at it, follow @unmonastery and @edgeryders
- at 11.00 am sharp @unmonastery will start tweeting the relevant content. It will be, well, tweets. There will be links to the most relevant pieces of information: the websites for the unMonastery and \#LOTE3, the unMonastery application form, the visuals with the space itself. Retweet them! Tweets will be rotated at least 3-4 times: don't be afraid to retweet every iteration. In Twitter this is not a violation of netiquette.
- Tweets will go out in English and Italian. If you are Italian and most of your followers are Italian too, focus on retweeting the Italian content.
- If your native language is neither English nor Italian, feel free to translate one or more tweets into your language. It would be so cool if we got tweets out there in 10-12 languages! Don't forget the hashtag: media people who participate will be following the hashtag.
- Also, be creative. RT is good, but MT (Modify Tweet for those new to Twitter) is better! Make jokes, add your point of view, it's all good. The more you do so, the better.
- After a bit of this, Ben and some Italian spokesperson will take questions through Twitter. Again, RT both questions and answers.
- Don't stop at Twitter! If you like Facebook, by all means reshare links through your Facebook account. We will do the same.