Visual material: Logos, Banners, Headers, Videos etc

This is a repository where we aggregate all visuals required for producing materials for projects which the Edgeryders organisation is officially backing. We’re highly decentralised in how we work, so we thought a guide would help us be somewhat coherent when presenting initiatives or ideas out into the world. If you feel something is missing or should be changed, post your proposed alternative in the comments below, and the teams driving the projects will consider it.

OpenVillage

Here's some examples of materials people can use to put in on their website their headers on FB, Twitter etc.
[ Indesign File](https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B81XQfRCH7JmcGNJUEtwWHB2aWc).
[Indesign File](https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B81XQfRCH7JmZXFIMlUwNlZmZjA)
[Indesign File](https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B81XQfRCH7Jmamt1b3BidE16Wnc)

OpenCare

The OpenCare Style Guide: GITHUB visual repo 2016-05-30

Other modifiable design files are all available HERE.

COLOURS & TYPEFACE

Purple: #602480 | Blue: #2dabe0 | White: #e5e7f0

FB HEADER BACKGROUNDS

High resolution photos of team members:

Videos:

Introducing Op3nCare from Edgeryders on Vimeo.

Visualisations

Logos:

This should be adapted to style of visualisations above. You can download a modifiable version of the OpenCare logo icon here. Modifying the colors is ok, but please use typeface Helvetica Bold, ideally 24 px for the name itself.

opencare

or

Please include a “consortium” slide in all public presentations, making sure to include all the logos of the partner organisations. Please add your partner organisation logos in 200x 200 px format against transparent and white backgrounds.

Edgeryders Community: Transparent BG Edgeryders Company: Transparent BG

City of Milano: Transparent BG

University of Bordeaux: Transparent Bg

WeMake: Transparent BG

Scimpulse Foundation: Transparent Bg

Stockholm School of Economics:

European Commission (for official documents and visuals only)

Headers, Banners, flyers, calls for action..

Please add yours below. Design files for previous Edgeryders visual communications material are available for reuse and modification here.

Horizon 2020 does not have a logo. We are supposed to use the European Union flag instead (source and visual identity guide ).

High resolution photos of team members/ event curators:

Videos:

OpenCare videos on Vimeo and YouTube

Check out the Edgeryders Vimeo account and Youtube account for various videos.

Do you have the white text against black background versions?

Ping @MassimoMercuri, @Luciascopelliti, @Costantino, @melancon?

Am trying to put all this stuff in one place to make it nice and easy for us all :slight_smile:

Added some

@Cristina_Martellosio thanks for sending over WeMake logos, added them. Fyi for the future if you want to add them yourself you need to:

1. make sure you are logged in on Edgeryders

2. Press “Edit” above to make changes to this wiki

3. In the editor look for the “Image” icon and upload the file on the serves, then right click and press the file’s URL in the Image Properties window. This will insert your file.

4. To modify file dimension or text formatting click “Switch to plain text editor” below the editor and insert the parameters you want in the code.

5. Click Save.

At least that’s how I do it.

Any pictures promoting OpenCare?

Anyone has pictures, something we could include in a short text promoting OpenCare?

I wrote a short abstract my institution wants to put up their website and they are asking for an accompanying picture.

Any help is welcome …

Flickr?

Tell them to use the Flickr search function for Creative Commons material. That’s what we did:

htttps://edgeryders.eu/opencare/welcome-to-opencare

Still missing logos with transparent backgrounds

Hi Everyone!

@Luciascopelliti @Lakomaa @MassimoMercuri @melancon!

I know everyone is super busy but can I ask you to please post the correct logos for your organisations in the wiki above? It will make life a lot easier for all comms work if all relevant materials are gathered in one place.

Lucia: the logo for City of Milano has a white background which does not work for all communication materials- we need two versions of the logo with a transparent background (1) suitable for dark backgrounds (2) Suitable for bright backgrounds

Erik: Same as above, we have three versons but they have white and back backgrounds respectively in the logo itself- we need a png with transparent background so we can put logos on different coloured materials .

Guy: Same thing again :slight_smile:

Instructions for how to do this:

1. make sure you are logged in on Edgeryders

2. Press “Edit” above to make changes to this wiki

3. In the editor look for the “Image” icon and upload the file on the serves, then right click and press the file’s URL in the Image Properties window. This will insert your file.

4. To modify file dimension or text formatting click “Switch to plain text editor” below the editor and insert the parameters you want in the code.

5. Click Save.

Thank you!

update visual identity of Opencare

Hi Nadia,

We’re preparing a presentation in italian to introduce Opencare in communities in Milan together with Comune di Milano. It would be great to have an updated logo to add to keynote and communication as, we discussed, the one we have now it was taken from an open source repository and used by many other projects.

Are you working on it or would you like we do a couple of proposals so we can proceed with setting up shared a visual identity?

thanks!

Zoe

We are going to do an OpenCompetition

This is a good way to kick off online engagement so I am asking you guys to hold off on any official design. The plan is to launch it on February 1 (still a lot of other comms related work/planning to sort out before). Use what you like for the event but that will not be the official visuals.

Link to modifiable design files

@Nadia can you re-share the link to the google drive with project visuals/ avatars/ event logos etc? thanks!

Also, the Open Care Outreach google drive is gone missing?

They are in the same place for me?

In any case the Outreach and Engagement folder for OpenCare is available here.

The modifiable files are available here.

The headers I produced using a software as service online called canva.com which is great for producing all kinds of flyers, headers banners etc quickly, you can get the opencare headers here (if you get an account I can share modifiable versions with you).

Template for deliverables

Hi,

I put to your disposal a template for further reports / deliverables we will have to submit to the EC here (Opencare Admin folder).

This template is shaped from the 1st documentation we submitted today to the EC.

But we can still all go on and contribute for better graphics/visual arrangements.

Regarding typeface/font

@Nadia @Noemi

WHat is the correct typeface to use to write Opencare?

it is not clear in the information I read above.

Is it Montserrat OR Helvetica Bold?

You mention and use both above. I think we should stick with one typeface.

best

Zoe

How do we write OpenCare?

It’s not clear to me how the decision to use 3 instead of “e” came into being and what were the reasons.

In the Consortium call there was not a clear idea about it.

In any case: for searchable (google search) reasons and uniformity of communication we should stick with ONE way of writing OpenCare regarding spaces, capital letters, numbers and fonts.

it is not clear in the information I read above how we should do.

My opinion is:

•  we should not use two different versions for research and for community header, it confuses people. (Open Care and Op3n Care)
  • the use of numbers instead of letters is not so common outside geek culture. I would not use Op3n Care or Op3nCare or Op3ncare because we want to reach a lot of people who live outside of geek culture.  it's ok to have the twitter handle but using it on the front page is pretty strong.
  • If there are not clear legal reasons I would use OpenCare 
  • All partners should have clear on how to deal with this, otherwise we lose consistency 

For sure we should do our best to avoid inconsistencies:

• Op3nCare or Op3n Care  or OP3N CARE or OP3NCARE? You used all versions (with and without space) in the latest graphic banners we can see above and it gets confusing.

thanks for feedback!

@Nadia @melancon @LuceChiodelliUB @Alberto @Costantino

Zoe

Op3nCare

there are many companies etc that are called opencare and different variations of that, it’s already trademarkerd in some contexts/countries (Luce was kind enough to check it out a while back). We ran with op3ncare after and have done so for some time now because it is not taken by anyone else. Video is using op3ncare and twitter account has been @op3ncare from get go because @opencare was also taken.

Re visuals: The philosophy we have been employing is that people can adapt the visuals as they like, remix etc. Reasoning: it is not realistic to demand that people stick to any one thing. Post what works for you above and people will adopt what they like. Or not.

Consortium vs People

I answer on the second part of your text because I want to check with @Luce tomorrow about some details the legal issues.

Regarding visuals: One thing is what we do as a Consortium and a totally another level is what people will do with the visuals as they are released in open source. You are mixing the two levels.

The partners of the Consortium should be consistent in visual communication to be recognised as such.

All the other participants should be provided with clear information of what is our visual style in order to decide if to follow it or not to follow it.

If I know the rules I can decide how to break them and explain also why, if there are no rules it all becomes noise.

Moment for someone to step up?

@zoescope, I understood from the consortium meeting that the team in Bordeaux can make some recommendations and then the rest of us sign off to them, did I get it right? If not, maybe you guys in Milano can make a proposal if you have a vision for how visual design should be implemented? The proposal I’m seeing here (Nadia can correct me) is for us to use these as a base and if people like them, use them, if not, change or adjust.

If there is a counterproposal on the table chances are people are happy to change behaviors - e.g. create a guide to visual design similar to our guide to building online community?

Coming soon

As agreed during the last hangout meeting, we (UBx) had a meeting with WeMake (Zoe) to discuss around these issues and come up with recommendations. I plan to publish this here as soon as I have everything written down (travelling to Quebec, I am writing from the airport now).

In two words: we need to stick to a single spelling and we recommend OpenCare (no 3, no blank space, proper capital O and C), visuals, video channel, and autonomous landing page. Survival guide for easier use and compliance with these recommendations.

More to come.

Yes, except…

Ok, so partners will have an answer and reference point when it comes to which name to use, typefaces etc or when in doubt.

As for compliance, keep in mind that a lot of work has been done already in light of name considerations . For example with online accounts: opencare on twitter is taken, but in comms we do use opencare hashtag; on facebook the same - page is still OpenCare). So this should make it easy to be more consistent without undo-ing great work.

PS On Youtube OpenCare is also taken https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3UsvL6RMbT_NAn0tz2YIA.

So what changed?

As I recall, op3ncare was adopted because there are several companies called OpenCare, and the brand is trademarked in some countries. Also, the Twitter account was taken.

I propose:

• We keep OpenCare in the official EU stuff – this is what's in the grant agreement.
  • We keep Op3ncare in public-facing communication
  • We use redirects to make sure  both variant URLs point to the same address: for example opencare.cc points to the same place as op3ncare.cc.

In all cases, we are unwilling to redo the graphic work already done (video etc.).

Hey guys, gimme a break

Hey guys, I told you I would come back soon,

I just landed in Montreal enjoying a chat with my daughter, I promised I would prepare something soon, like tomorrow?

:slight_smile:

1 Like