Building The Reef: A Community Property For Everyone
A track within the OpenVillage Festival
19-21 October 2017, Brussels
Community provision of care services needs humans: more, better prepared, volunteers. People prepared to teach each other skills. Therapists to help volunteers in need of trauma support.
So, the highest-impact technologies are those that help bring people together. Share knowledge. Distribute human resources across different care contexts.
These technologies are connectors: they help string together and coordinate human efforts. At Edgeryders, we have resolved to put this lesson into practice. We are doing it by hacking the most fundamental connecting technology of all: the home.
Building The Reef is where we, together, design the physical space, its financing model, and the activities therein – from business to fitness and personal development. The track is open to people who, like us, are willing to put some “skin in the game” by becoming Founding Members.
What you get out of being a Founding Member of the Reef is access to unique opportunities to develop skills and behaviours needed for living and working well with others:
- Use of the coworking space and guest room (incl. public transport & sim card)
- Project development & partnership-building support
- Invitation to participate in Skill Development Masterclasses
- Invitation to networking dinners, parties, and adventures
- Full unlimited access passes to our Annual Community Summits (e.g. OpenVIllage Festival)
What you will learn
- how to present & sell your ideas
- community building and management
- intercultural communication
- resolving and limiting damage from conflicts
- building practical skills like permaculture, carpentry and plumbing
- improving nutrition and physical wellbeing
- recognising and dealing with common psychosocial problems e.g. depression
What each one of us contributes
- When becoming a member: 25 Eur/month for one year to cover running costs.
- While in the house, as resident and/or visiting: share costs of collective meals
- On the online community platform: be generous with feedback and knowledge to support one another's work
Our approach towards community and support-building implies trust and a spirit of generosity, rather than transactional relationships.
Members are contributors and not service recipients. This means the focus stays on accommodating each other to the best of our possibilities in order to meet each other’s needs. If and when scheduling conflicts appear for lodging or other calendar events, we put our heads together to come up with creative solutions.
Become a founding member right now!
Look at the options below, pick one and make your financial contribution. If you pledge 300 Eur (25 Eur/month) or above your immediate benefits include:
- A spot for you and your project in the PowerPitch Masterclass, May 26-27, at The Reef, Brussels.
- A full access pass to OpenVillage Festival, October 19-21 at The Reef, Brussels
Founding Members Pledge 300 Eur/year
Your contribution secures a spot for you and your project in one 2-day Masterclass a year like this one on Storytelling for Conversion.
You also get invitations to Evening Talk & Dinner dinners like this one in which we learn about the state of the art in different fields from members of our community.
Also, you get a full access pass to our annual community summit. This year’s edition is the OpenVillage Festival.Get this membership
*3 nights/person/monthGet this membership (yearly)