The fourth edition of Living On The Edge (Lote4) is approaching fast and the community is busy planning everything. We try to make it so that each bit of collaborative work is accounted for and amounts to earning a conference ticket. This way the collective effort and huge amount of talent and generosity Edgeryders have will be acknowledged and systematically rewarded. Learn more
The work is done on the Edgeryders platform, and the progress is documented on Makerfox. Our conference coordinator @Natalia Skoczylas has a fairly good overview of which Edgeryders joined a team, claimed a task (example) and how much work has been completed. Every time tasks are completed, Natalia is transferring currency into your MakerFox account. When you reach the amount needed to buy the Lote4 ticket, an automatic deal will be made, followed by an email to you with the ticket.*
Who got a ticket already? When do I get mine?
Here is an automatically updated list of everyone who has ordered a LOTE4 ticket on Makerfox, and the progress they made towards getting it:
(If you can’t see the list embedded above, you can also see the list here.)
Some notes to help us move forward, while limiting things we could easily oversee:
- Those coordinating Lote4 teams get their ticket immediately, as a lot of work is being done in addition to specific tasks. Same for Edgeryders who propose sessions, as that takes hours, even days of preparation. Propose a session to get your ticket?
- If you have done work but your name is not up there, it’s probably because you’re not on Makerfox. Register and order the ticket. Your name will appear on the list above and you’ll be able to track your work. To make our work faster, send your Makerfox nickname to email@example.com right after getting your account - this way transfers and deals will be done immediately.
- You may have done work elsewhere than on edgeryders.eu and we are missing it entirely? Let us know in a comment below and we’ll fix it.
- If you feel at a loss with respect to the ways to get involved and join LOTE4, the way to start is: Join a team -> Click on the team page and leave a comment. Nothing happens on Edgeryders until you start interacting.. Offer to help with anything you think is needed and we will be able to issue you a ticket.
- Barter something else in exchange for a ticket! MakerFox is a platform supporting all kinds of barter exchanges, and we probably shouldn't restrict ourselves to bartering existing Lote4 tasks in exchange for the ticket. If you want to come to Matera and have ordered a ticket, feel free to offer something else in return. Think of something for Edgeryders - a service or a product.
Improving our ticket management? We’ve initially estimated the cost of a ticket at 2 days of work, which may be unrealistic for those busiest. How about lowering that threshold and double up the work value so more people can be involved without putting too much of a strain on them? Those who have completed the work already with an extra MakerFox credit can earn an extra ticket for a friend, so no losses there. Like we love saying, it’s all a prototype you know?
*A limited number of grants are available to support trips to Matera, and awarding them depends on the active role we are each taking in shaping this event, as early as possible. Natalia will let you know about the possibility when issuing your ticket.