November 8, 2019 18.00 → November 10, 2019 13:00
- Location: Brno, Káznice, Bratislavská 249/68, 602 00 Brno-střed-Zábrdovice
- Organisers: @zalesjan
- Facilitated by: @zalesjan, discussion moderator
- Content discussions (in English):
- Status: Gathering speakers, figuring out details on how to make people share their stories
In the Czech Republic, it is getting harder and harder to find affordable housing. Living in safe, fair and decent housing is one of the fundamental human rights! Sadly, different groups of people are facing different kinds of problems and obstacles in the housing market.
Hackathon about affordable housing is an intensive and focused team activity where people with different capabilities and knowledge cooperate to solve problems or create projects regarding affordable housing in the Czech Republic.
Anyone can participate in the hackathon. We are looking for people with different life experience, who are interested in housing-related issues. The participants will divide in groups of 2 to 5 people and from Saturday morning to Sunday noon will be intensively working on real projects and products that aim to help ordinary people with their housing situation.
You can register on this link until 31st of October: https://forms.gle/75LkuuJgAd1uyd3y5
The event is open for everyone, regardless of age, experience, gender or social status. Anyone can register! Vegan food and accommodation are paid by the organizer.
On Friday, from 18:00 on, there will be a public panel discussion on affordable housing.
To launch a fruitful discussion, top experts will attend an open panel discussion about social aspects of housing.
More exciting guests are to be confirmed.
From Saturday morning to Sunday noon will be intensively working on real projects and products that aim to help ordinary people with their housing situation.
EN: This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 822682.
This project is also supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe.
Does getting involved mean I endorse the funders views or actions?
No. What you are doing is contributing to an open consultation on the topic of how to build a next generation of internet infrastructure, technologies, business models etc that promotes the wellbeing of humans and the natural environment. The consultation methodology is designed in such a way as to allow for diversity of views, premises, disciplines, themes and contexts. We employ open notebook science principles and the results will be presented in the form of a research report accessible to everyone after the event. You can follow the process, review the methodology and open source tech we are using and engage directly with the research and coordination team in our Wellbeing Workspace.
What is the code of conduct?
It is important to us that everyone in the room feels welcomed and safe; if you have any particular concerns or needs just send me a PM here on the platform or write to email@example.com .
The Edgeryders online platform technology and activities are intended for people to cooperate within and across projects trying to build a better world. The word “better” has here a fairly broad range of meaning. These Community Guidelines are here to help you understand what it means to be a member of Edgeryders. Don’t forget that your use of Edgeryders is subject to these Community Guidelines and our Terms of Service.
What happens with my data?
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Text with EEA relevance)
- Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data
- Handbook on European Data Protection directive
- European Commission website - Protection of personal data