edgeryders: 
    icon: classic
    color: #fff
    url: https://edgeryders.eu
  links: 
    anchor: false
    fade: true
header:
  image: https://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/83/2020/05/5e0b76ffcb034ded96a23d4a85ac8f4c.jpg
  position: 0 -200px
  height: 400px
  social: ['url', 'twitter', 'facebook', 'linkedin', 'email']

Newsletter

Edgeryders | June 17 - June 24, 2020

A curated selection of conversations and activities from our global community

The house that Jack built: how to deconstruct societal systems

Dear friends,

It has been another important week of critically analysing and challenging the unfair systems that our societies have been built upon.

Momentum has been increasing in this demand for change. Former US president Barack Obama told a livestream town hall held by My Brother’s Keeper alliance at the start of June that “a far more representative cross-section” of society has joined the current race protests compared to others in recent history.

Across Europe, countries have been confronting imbalanced systems that exacerbate privilege, power and oppression.

This week one of our members wrote a post highlighting how members of the community can support the deconstruction of the system of racial injustice and police brutality in the US here.

At a time when the world is challenging the inequality that underpins our societies, EdgeRyders’ community has been discussing how we can reform and build new structures free of inequality.

Decentralisation of power is one way of creating a fairer system, and one of our members started a conversation this week on how decentralised technologies can be created more effectively. Take a look here.

We have also been looking at ways to build alternative systems to ones that profit from our need to connect. To move away from commercial social media channels, we have set up a telegram channel and would like to further develop our chatbot Alice for optimal user experience. If you think you’ve got what it takes then have a look here.

One of our members attended a United Nations panel on the future of internet governance, a proposed structure that needs critical feedback. Join in the conversation here, if you have thoughts on how it could be structured

Speaking about building things, a community member is looking for a senior developer to fill a technical leadership role at an edtech startup.

Finally, we are still in the process of creating an informative and engaging programme for our Livelihood summit in September and October. Our next listening session takes place on 22nd June and brings together knowledge from higher education policy makers and workers, unions and human rights defenders to discuss the possibilities of making a living after years of study.

How to join us

You can introduce yourself to the community here.

Our community managers @johncoate, @noemi and @MariaEuler will welcome you, and show you how everything works.

You can help.

Get in touch. Edgeryders can support the work of changemakers in more than 80 countries because people like yourself support us with knowledge, contacts and resources.

Contact us on Email / Telegram

here we go; should work now @lroddy and @kajafarszky

1 Like

It works now! :slight_smile: Thanks Nadia! do I update it with the text for this week (How Covid 19 will shape our future) ?

I still don’t have the option to edit

I added this week’s newsletter here: Edgeryders

To edit, you go here: The Overview I June 21, 2020

and click on the spanner icon. Remember to make a backup copy of the contents of the entire page before you do make any changes.

1 Like

Thanks Nadia

@Nadia for this week’s newsletter do I need to make a fresh page and add this newsletter template in? (So there is a catalogue of newsletters) or do I just edit this each week with the latest newsletter?

Thanks,
Laura

itd be good if you could add a new one each week

1 Like