November 23, 2019 → November 23, 2019
Location: Prague, Cross Club, Plynární 1096/23, Praha 7
Content discussions (in English): https://edgeryders.eu/t/proposal-of-edgeryders-festival-in-prague/11124
Status: Developing process and content
ORGANISER CHECKLIST :
- Update/Create individual event descriptions with Catchy Name for the event, URL for signup form, Description of format & process, FAQs, Logistics info (address, time, date, team info) - follow this template;
- Give Natalia photos + statements/quotes she can use to customise design from the template: @natalia_skoczylas
- Organise 2 calls to develop the session topic with the confirmed speakers; conduct one on one interviews & skeleton posts with each participant:
- Keep track of the festival signup form and welcome/onboard each person
- Formalise practical arrangements for speakers participation: Travel, fees, onboard them on the process, organise schedule, collect bio info + photo + recommended reading materials for other participants etc (individual organiser with support from @natalia_skoczylas)
- Make a twitter list of Europe-based people who are interested in the topics to be covered in this session then reach out to them & more people to propose people or put themselves forward for the list - ( @anon82932460 - reaches out to each session organiser and asks who they want to engage, then organises outreach/comms campaign around that).
- Prepare press/communication kit & send to local event calendar websites, journalists etc (@anon82932460)
- Push out comms campaign for event via social media for event (@anon82932460)
Frequently asked questions
How do I get an invitation/ticket to this workshop?
This event is bringing together people who are currently directly involved in building, researching, regulating, monetising and or providing meaningful input into the wider debate around the technologies in question. We want to ensure that every participant leaves the venue having presented and discussed their work with others who can provide meaningful input or connect them with opportunities to further their professional and or personal development. If this appeals to you, then we would love to have you join us. Just create an edgeryders account and introduce yourself to the community here.
How is this event being organised?
This event, and the festival it is part of, is coordinated on the edgeryders platform (where you are now) and co-curated through a series of community video calls. We have allocated a collaboratively managed budget for the festival and operate on a solidarity basis. Participants who need some financial support to organise or be able to participate in the festival are eligible provided they contribute towards making it a meaningful and generative experience for all - in the run up to, during and/or after the event. If you would like to join us but are unsure as to how to contribute, don’t worry. Create an edgeryders account, then tell us a bit about yourself here and we will guide you along from there.
**Here the text needs to be individualised for your event!!!**
( add @your edgeryder name here )
am coordinating this event,
with @potential collaborator X (ex. venue and communication support), and @potential collaborator Y (ex. Moderation and session preparation). Some people have been specially invited as guests because the work they are doing right now and their expertise will help ensure that the discussion is based on case studies, credible data and hands on experience.
How is this all financed?
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 822682.
Does getting involved mean I endorse the funders views or actions?
No. What you are doing is contributing to an open consultation on the topic of how to build a next generation of internet infrastructure, technologies, business models etc that promotes the wellbeing of humans and the natural environment. The consultation methodology is designed in such a way as to allow for diversity of views, premises, disciplines, themes and contexts. We employ open notebook science principles and the results will be presented in the form of a research report accessible to everyone after the event. You can follow the process, review the methodology and open source tech we are using and engage directly with the research and coordination team here: https://edgeryders.eu/c/ioh/workspace
What is the code of conduct?
Twoje bezpieczeństwo i wygoda są dla nas ważne - jeśli masz jakieś obawy, albo specjalne życzenia, zostaw komentarz lub napisz email do firstname.lastname@example.org. Zrobię co w mojej mocy, żeby pomóc.
The Edgeryders online platform technology and activities are intended for people to cooperate within and across projects trying to build a better world. The word “better” has here a fairly broad range of meaning. These Community Guidelines are here to help you understand what it means to be a member of Edgeryders. Don’t forget that your use of Edgeryders is subject to these Community Guidelines and our Terms of Service.
What happens with my data?
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Text with EEA relevance)
- Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data
- Handbook on European Data Protection directive
- European Commission website - Protection of personal data