Consortium meeting in Bordeaux

The next consortium meeting is to be held in Bordeaux during the last week of June. We’ll update this wiki with the relevant information (dates, location, agenda, useful information).

Dates, location

Last week of June 2017: 26th of June (Monday) afternoon to the 28th evening.

The meeting will be held within the premises of our lab, the LaBRI on the University of Bordeaux campus.

Exact address: LaBRI, Université de Bordeaux, 351 cours de la Libération, 33405 Talence (see location on Google Maps here)

Useful info on accommodation and transportation here.

Meeting agenda:

The team working with Guy in Bordeaux will contribute to Masters of Network along with the opencare team, while co-design sessions might also appeal to researchers working in Bordeaux on Human-Computer interface / fablab builders (we think it could be great if Costantino, Zoe and Rossana could hold a presentation on the methodology to this occasion to external participants to the project).

Day 1: June 26th

Morning: arrival of all partners in Bordeaux

14:00 - 18:00 : Meeting of the Steering Committee

• State of progress for year 2 / What's happened since the March mid-term review
  • Internal deadlines: milstones, deliverables
  • Open Village
  • Final event in Milan
  • Publications?
  • Ethics assessment & update of the DMP

Evening: Dinner together at Le Jardin Pêcheur

Day 2: June 27th (9:30 - 18:00)

Day dedicated to activity related to Masters of Network

Evening: consortium dinner in the city.

Day 3: June 28th (9:00 - 12:00)

• 9h - Presentation by our colleague Ms. Anke Brock from the POTIOC Inria team, on how she carries out her research work. Go glipse at her work here or here (video).
  • 9h50 - Presenttion by WeMake (@Costantino ) and City of Milano (@Matteo ? @Rossana_Torri ?) showcasing the openrampette project in Milan (and all other relevant things)
  • Coffee
  • 11h - Presentation by EHFF (Erik) on their work on the potential scalability of initiatives

Day 3: June 28th (14:00 - 17:00)

The University of Bordeaux hosts a series of symposiums and conferences on health and innovation. On June 28th, an innovation day is planned on the future of health and care: http://week26.u-bordeaux.fr/pro/fiche/quest.jsp;jsessionid=pWmE4cd9g5S-4OAWk6ZfBIeT.gl1?pg2=674735&pg=914975

• Alberto will be on a panel for a round table on "Sustainable Health"
  • Alberto and Guy should give a two voices presentation of the collective intelligence side of opencare (platform demo based on a usage scenario, somethgin close to what we did in Brussels for the reviewers)

The artistic installation in relation with opencare we planned to showcase won’t arrive in time to be seen during the meeting …

@melancon @jason_vallet @bpinaud @noemi @alberto @costantino @zoescope @rossana_torri @matteomatteini @markomanka @lakomaa @tino_sanandaji

Co-design what?

I guess I missed the background discussion for this… anyway great setup @lucechiodelliub & co. Sorry you missed us in Geneva. Looking forward to June!

I suggest proposal 2

One-day sessions, with everyone also going to the session they are not directly involved in. Interdisciplinarity etc.

29th?

Hi @lucechiodelliub it’s almost time to book travel tickets - can you tell me if 26-28 June are the final dates for the meeting? Anything happening on the 29th?

agenda being finalised

Hi @noemi, @melancon and I are still making the final arrangements for the meeting in Bordeaux, but I hope to post more info and to confirm you the schedule this week.

Updated meeting agenda, created Mon6 wiki

I am not sure people got notified about this, so I am posting about it to extend my reach and making sure everyone takes one more look at the agenda.

Also have a look at the wiki for MoN6.

@lucechiodelliub, have a look at the list of local people, we probably need to include them for lunch on the 27th.

1 Like

Updated agenda and MON acknowledged

Thanks for keeping us posted @melancon ! Reading the MoN wiki, my new professional subtitle is “network philantropist” whoa. thanks, I guess :slight_smile:

26 - 28

Those dates work for me.

Confirmed

I will be there.

good

ok for me

June 28 a place to interact with local academics

This comment is just to says a few words on the spirit of the June 28 day.

I thought we could take advantage of being on the campus to interact with academics working on ideas and tools that may serve the same social need than many projects hosted by opencare, and in particular those run by opencare partners, of which the openrampette @costantino project is a typical example. Our colleague Anke Brock works on developing various devices and approahces in educational and learning context (go have a look at her page). She not only focuses on th device themselves but also on the design process. Her work with visually impaired people probably is close to what @markomanka has been doing.

So the idea is to have opencare partners people present their work and put it in perspective with more academic approaches developed locally at LaBRI/Inria. Conversely, it could be a good place for academics to grasp a social context in which their work could find early adopters, and why not help them to foresee an economical setting different from the one usually put foward by the institution (“à la startup”). Erik @lakomaa ot @tino_sanandaji could say a word or two on these aspects as well.

Please react so we can tune the program and turn this into a useful and successfull event.

I’m in

Have already been in touch with Antoine.

works for me

Looks good

Works for us

Hi Guy, @rossana_torri and I will be attending 26th – 28th June. We are glad you have planned the showcase of openrampette since it is a crucial activity for CoM. We can join @costantino in reporting the co-design process, that started with a failure and developed into the current Open rampette approach.

1 Like

Two more things we should discuss in Bordeaux

(At least from the Edgeryders side)

1. Touch base on the OpenVillage event. @noemi in the lead.
  2. Touch base on the "integration" papers. That would be @amelia , @federico_monaco , @melancon , Noemi and myself.

Edgeryders team coming

Fyi @lucechiodelliub for organisational details: Noemi, Alberto, Amelia and Winnie Poncelet (opencare fellow).

Otherwise, agreed on the above. I will follow up with Federico & co to resume options for the paper.

time for the paper?

Dear @noemi

i’m reading through the posts about the paper and probably we should try to connect the theory ( @ezio_manzini 's matrix) with the practice (the 10-11 events cited here) before Bordeaux’s meeting.

Here is a shared file with Ezio’s matrix to make some improvements, maybe adding the events and see how they slide from conversations to actions… With @costantino we have been discussing it for long as it is also a way for me to track Openrampette, Maker in Residence and the final event in Milan.

We have less than 3 weeks. Shall we fix a deadline by mid june to get to some visual conclusions and try to compare them with the SNA screenshots of the same events?

Any suggestions? @amelia @alberto

On it

@noemi is taking the lead in convening a call.

We definitely need to do this, and soon.