During this call we’ll discuss comms moving forward from hereon. The most sensitive, high intensity and fast changing phase of getting our projects up and running is finally over. Rather it is time to just keep going with the flow of getting the word out about existing and future activities in November.
Our focus this month is to get people to see and sign up to our activities. This, as we have discovered works best when we ping individuals one by one. And to get them to sign up in ways that allow us to get in touch with them outside the sinkhole that is Facebook. Then follow up and help onboard them onto the platform one by one.
- Find people using keyword searches on social media,
- Send a personalised message to person on the search result one by one to point them to the activity,
- If they respond positively, e.g retweeting, get back in touch to see if they want to sign up to a mailing list through a form.
This is the list @nadia has compiled (there are some activities that will be added this week - such as five hackathons that will be taking place in Cairo, Medenine, Tunis, Somewhere in Morocco and maybe Jordan and Lebanon):
- November 11, Brussels + Livestreaming: Working with science fiction authors like Cory Doctorow and economists like @alberto to propose radically new models and shaking up the established order. What do you think, Can Science Fiction save the world?
- November 11, Brussels: Joining and coordinating mass protests - and teaching others to do the same. Highlight: @julyandavey from Extinction Rebellion have kindly stepped up to run a workshop on Reclaiming Utopia. And you can come too!
- November 29, Berlin: @mrchrisadams and @Kathryn are running this Workshop on Service design in a climate emergency - What digital services need to look like in a world of net-zero look like ?
- November 30, Barcelona : Deadline for submission of Forest Protection / Regeneration Projects. Talk to @William_COACT about the program they are running from December- February ath their incubator in Barcelona : Environmental Tech Incubator in Barcelona Looking for Forest Protection / Regeneration Projects
- Ongoing, Brussels: FuturePrototyping affordable live-work spaces as infrastructure for a carbon-negative lifestyle that is healthy, sustainable and pleasurable. With the objective of seeding a new market of social, deep-green living. You can see what @noemi @manuelpueyo @BaobabUrbain and the others driving it on their ongoing Reef initiative here: https://edgeryders.eu/c/earthos/the-reef workspace
Also this month: Many of us are making sense of how we can secure agency over the introduction, use and development of digital infrastructure and technologies that affect our lives:
- November 19, Brussels: Exploring how specific technological choices can improve social justice and reduce inequalities with @J_Noga @hugi @katejsim @CCS @markomanka @inge +++: Workshop on Inequalities in the age of AI, what they are, how they work and what we can do about them - 19/11 - Brussels
- November 23, Berlin: Running his hackathon to build ethical solutions to in response to unethical technology-related problems (by @BlackForestBoi) : Hackathon for Ethical Solutions to Unethical Problems - Berlin
- November 24, Malmö: How we can technologists help us prepare for a finite, post-climate change earth through practical and hands on action? Check out this workshop by @zelf : Event: What does tech look like on a finite, post-climate change earth? - #11 by nadia
- November 29, Berlin : @pbihr is guiding this deep dive into what effect the fight against climate change should have on smart city planning and governance; Towards Carbon-Neutral Smart Cities (Call for feedback on proposed festival session) - #12 by teirdes
If you have anything to add, let me know. Looking forward seeing you all!
@alberto @ilaria @marina @noemi @nadia @natalia_skoczylas @Jan @amelia @matthias @natalia_skoczylas @Jirka_Kocian @Richard @johncoate @hugi @MariaEuler @amelia @matthias @katjab @RobvanKranenburg @Heshanij @mirkopresser
These weekly calls are where the Edgeryders communication crew coordinates the work of supporting project teams, community managers, fellows and community members to get the word out and engage people in the exciting work everyone is doing.
They happen Tuesdays at 16.00 CET on ZOOM here: https://zoom.us/j/912333687