Update: 3 July - session list is pretty much done. Any other proposals, please put them in a comment and we’ll see if there’s more space, but as of today we can’t promise anything. Unless we decide to go for a different format such as barcamp.
@Speakers: go ahead and edit this wiki with any time, format, titles suggestions. We can always reshuffle. Also comment on any logistic requirements you might have (we have a projector, tables, chairs, pillows, flipcharts, extension chords, adaptors, paper, markers). We will follow up with an individual briefing to make sure you make the most out of your session.
Location: Hanul Gabroveni, Sala Studio.
Language: English and Romanian, whichever way you feel confortable.
Registration: still open, but limited to room capacity of 30. Please follow the instructions and leave thoughtful comments to Iarina’s story, Alexandru’s, Crina’s or Cosmin’s… and others in the Futurespotters group. It helps us get to know each other before we all meet physically.
Day 1: July 9
10:00 - 12:00
- Welcome word and house rules (@Noemi)
- Why we need to collaborate as a network and how to build projects with limited resources (@Nadia, EdgeRyders)
- Talk to me about… exercise (Nadia)
13:00 - 14:00
- Walking the Earth and working in the trenches: co-organising inclusive events and connecting Matera to Athens to Bucharest and the world (@Bezdomny, Jeff Andreoni, unMonastery)
14:00 - 16:30
Short talks (10 - 15 mins each, with break of 15 mins):
- Participatory and open democracy (@MANU_BABELE, Emanuele Musa, Babele)
- Ethical ways for free culture artists to support their work (@TCT, Fundația Ceata)
- Urban gardening (Crina Cranta, Gradina din Gura Siriului - tbc)
- Culture in education: development of a knowledge-based network (@Raluca_Iacob_Pop, MetruCub)
- #Futurespotters: what have we learned so far and how it can feed into Bucharest 2021? (@Alex_Stef)
- Poiana Baronilor Locali - monthly meetup for civic hacking (@mgax)
- 5 tools to tweak your online privacy (Valentina Pavel, privacy.apti.ro // Asociația pentru Tehnologie și Internet)
16:30 - 17:00
Q&A and wrap up
Day 2: July 10
10:00 - 11:00
Connecting Bucharest 2021 to its citizens: exploring long term, honest-to-God engagement (@anca_ionita, ARCUB)
11:00 - 12:30
Resource mapping exercise/ Collaboration mosaic (@Nadia)
13:30 - 16:00
Breakout sessions & project demos (parallel):
- How to do data hacking for accessibility (@yozness, Cosmin Pojoranu, Cosmin Nitu)
- Mapping underused spaces by and for the citizens (@konrad_mihat, Calup.ro)
- A proposal from Futurespotters to Bucharest 2021
16:30 - 17:00
Reporting back from breakouts & wrap-up
21:00 until dawn
Drinks (Deschis Gastrobar / NOD Makerspace)