Call for participation: #Futurespotters Bucharest Int’l Workshop, 9-10 July

Available in: :gb: English / :ro: Romanian

:gb: English version

UPDATE: The two-day agenda is published here!

https://player.vimeo.com/video/129957913

An opportunity to showcase your project, uncover points of pain and hack* it with a global community of peers…

*hacks = quick experiments, creative solutions, constrained resources

Are you

• a lone-wolf citizen innovator pushing through to make the city better?

• looking to invest in people working on amazing initiatives?

• tired of running alone?

Want to

• meet other changemakers in your own town?

• identify shareable resources for your project?

• get some fuel from young people in Europe who have figured some stuff out?

Come find your pack!

It’s Open

Anyone can participate, the event is free of charge, but we have a limited number of places, so get involved early.

It’s Collaborative

Collaboration takes more than two workshop days to build. So we are exercising it as we make the workshop together. It would be great to organise side events - invite us to your project premises, maybe? Parties and pop-up dinners? If you want to host one, get in touch below!

It’s powered by a global community of 2500+ peers!

We have tested this workshop format in several countries before: in Georgia, Armenia, Egypt, and Morroco or Ukraine to come. It works because it is designed with participants shared interests at heart. We surface common ideas in the runup to the event and make everyone a protagonist. By the time we meet in a room, we will have met each other online and will be ready to get down to concrete How-Tos.

EdgeRyders from all over are invited! So far, coming for the first time in Romania are:

Nadia EL-Imam (@nadia, Brussels or elsewhere): One of the founders and creative brains behind EdgeRyders. A go to person to talk about networked collaboration and how to get things done with limited resources. For a big dose of inspiration, do read Nadia’s story here. Jeff Andreoni (aka @bezdomny, Athens or elsewhere): A true doer, part of the unMonastery crew and lately organising shared dinners for immigrants in Athens. He thinks we should all get back in the box, do yourself a favor and read why.

A #nospectators event. How can you register? Pick one or more of the following:

• Press Attend and leave a comment below (you need to be registered) letting us know what you can help with: hosting a session, facilitation, graphic design, writing about it on other platforms, social media sharing, onsite documentation, photography, you name it!

• Browse the current stories and leave a thoughtful comment on one of them. Iarina’s story, Alexandru’s, Crina’s or Cosmin’s are just a few inspiring projects…

• Spread the word! Share the video and this post to let your friends and networks know about what we’ll be doing together. Along with openness, diversity is our best bet.

The deadline for registering to the workshop is July 6th!

For the bigger picture, here’s how futurespotters started.

Date: 2015-07-08 21:00:00 - 2015-07-09 21:00:00, Europe/Bucharest Time.

##:ro: Romanian version

ACTUALIZARE: Agenda celor doua zile e aici!

Trăim cu toții, chiar dacă vrem sau nu, chiar dacă știm sau nu, într-o societate fragmentată, divizată, în care „societatea reală” este doar ceea ce vedem din tranșeea în care ne aflăm. - Vintilă Mihăilescu

E deschis. Oricine poate participa, evenimentul e gratuit, însă numărul de locuri e limitat la 25, așa că implică-te devreme!

E despre colaborare. Colaborarea nu se învață, și nici nu se întâmplă în doar două zile, mai degrabă învățăm să lucrăm împreună încă dinainte să ne întâlnim cu toții într-o sală. Construim agenda evenimentului împreună, invitându-te să-ți propui proiectul ca prezentare sau sesiune de lucru. Dacă vrei ca organizația ta să fie partener, dacă vrei să organizezi un mini eveniment sau să ne inviți la o operațiune pe care o derulezi, fii binevenit.

E sprijinit de o comunitate de 2500+ oameni din toată lumea! Cu EdgeRyders am testat formatul acesta de workshop și în alte țări, și tinde să funcționeze pentru că toata lumea care participă se implică din timp în organizare. Suntem cu toții protagoniști, nu spectatori.

Iată cine mai vine la București (pentru prima dată!):

Nadia EL-Imam (@Nadia, Bruxelles): Co-fondatoare și mintea creativă din spatele EdgeRyders. Ea e persoana care îți explică convingător cum poți să faci lucruri sub presiune și constrângeri, și de ce merită să funcționezi într-o rețea conectată global. Pentru o doză de inspirație, povestea ei e aici. Jeff Andreoni (aka @Bezdomny, Atena sau oriunde în lume): Un adevărat "doer", parte din echipa unMonastery. Mai nou organizează cine comune pentru imigranți în oraș. Crede că ar trebui cu toții să intrăm înapoi în cutie ("get back in the box"), fă-ți o favoare și citește de ce.

Cum te înregistrezi și cum te poți implica încă de acum?

• Dă click pe Attend și lasă un comentariu mai jos spunând cum te vezi implicat (trebuie sa fii înregistrat pe platformă): poți să ajuți cu facilitarea, cu promovarea pe platforme românești sau internaționale, cu foto, video, social media și orice idei ai în minte!

• Citește poveștile adunate în comunitate și lasă un comentariu protagoniștilor: Cosmin, Iarina, Alexandru, Crina sunt numai câteva din dozele de inspirație!

• Ajută-ne cu un share și trimite invitație prietenilor și rețelei tare! Pe lângă deschidere radicală, pariem pe diversitate pentru a descoperi cât mai mult potențial de sprijin pentru proiectele noastre.

Termenul limită pentru înscrieri e 4 iulie 6 iulie, nu aștepta!
Ne vedem? Pentru context mai larg, citește despre futurespotters aici.

Thu, 2015-07-09 to Fri, 2015-07-10, (All day) - (All day) +03:00
(Europe/Bucharest)

1 Like

Excited to explore Bucharest’s deeper layers

I’m looking forward to seeing what’s happening in Bucharest when I come in July. I want to share the experiences I’ve had organising projects in Athens and see what people are doing in Romania because I have heard a lot.

1 Like

Finally Bucharest

Very much looking forward to learning with and from you guys.

2 Likes

Yeah it will be great if I participate

nice to meet you virtually for now!

Hi @ahmed_rashed, welcome to Edgeryders! Tell us more… what interests you about Bucharest and the project we’re doing here? Are you around or know someone or a project here that you are working on?

Lovely! Will spread the word and try to attend!

2 Likes

I will certainly participate to Futurespotters Bucharest!

I would be interested in leading a session on participatory and open democracy.

2 Likes

Noted!

Thanks @manu_babele ! I’ve added the session in our collaborative wiki where we gather the info and responses we’ve had so far - also from personal communications outside the platform… there’s a lot of interest, but busier folks will need to bring themselves here and write about their sessions. Until then, we’re curating this a bit like making a puzzle. Would you be OK with a lightning talk - 5-10 mins? We’ll agree on the exact day and hours after we have the higher level program set.

I would like to participate and present a project

Hi everyone,

I am coordinating a project called Support culture in education, we aim to bring together cultural people and educators (teachers from primary to highschool) to discuss and colaborate in order to bring arts in schools. We were inspired by the Cultural Rucksack in Norway, we started testing the idea in Romania in 2013, organised aprox 10 meetings so far, wrote a project, got a grant and now are in the middle of the implementation of the project. Already had 4 trainings for teachers (80 people) and 4 meetings and plan to do 6 more trainings in the autumn, this time for artists and cultural professionals.

It would be great if we had the chance to present our project as part of this event :slight_smile:

More info about it, here: www.culturaineducatie.ro.

Raluca

1 Like

Noted, with thanks!

Hi @raluca_Iacob_Pop, it was great meeting you in person last night, I see you already found your way here on the platform. As for the program, @alex_stef and I are collecting all proposals this week and will make up a draft agenda as soon as possible to share here so we can adjust it collectively.

Ethical ways free culture artists can support their work

“Free” doesn’t mean gratis, it means having freedom and “open” is not enough. In this talk I will explain what free culture really means and I will give examples of how particular artists earn money for their works while not imposing restrictions on their public, and culture itself. Join Ceata for the advancement of the Romanian free culture movement.

2 Likes

Will be there

Hi there,

As I have already said, it would be great to meet all of you at the workshop and I’m also looking forward to exchanging ideas and knowledge with you guys.

Alex

2 Likes

I’ll be there

I heard about this at a Global Shapers event and really got my attention. I know how hard is to organise a project with limited or no resources, so I’m looking forward to learning new things. In future I can find some locations for trainings, and I’m also gonna recommend my friends and I’m gonna share on facebook. The project that I mentioned: Facebook , basically it was a sort of TEDx.

3 Likes

I’m in

Hello guys :slight_smile: Do you happen to need a photographer? I’d like to participate and this is sort of my only marketable skill :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes!

Welcome onboard, Ioana! We have a volunteer photographer but another lens is very welcome, indeed, thank you for being up for it!

Yes, I’m coming!

Hello,

As I discovered, the workshop will give me the opportunity to meet persons who want to make the city more friendly for the people, so I’m looking forward to be there.

See you soon!

Ana

1 Like

Im into this! :smiley:

Hello,

First of all, I want to thank you, @noemi, for the welcome message. I am really glad I came across this platform because it is really nice to see so many active and creative people in just one place.

At this get-together, I am looking forward to meeting you all, to know more about your projects and activities, to exchange knowledge and ideas, and also to see how can we join forces to make things happen.

See you soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My pleasure

We do hope to learn more about you until next week, Elena. I would be curious to know how you landed here and what is your take on collaboration. Manu, for example, makes an interesting point about Bucharest being hip and progressive but collaborative movements needing more of an entrepreneurial mindset.

I know Edgeryders from Babele/NOD

I really do agree with Manu, and that is one of the main reason for attending this event. We need to join our forces and have more visible actions in order to attract the attention of local communities and also for mobilizing others, and for that to happen we must show them we are able to make a change regardless of what material resources we have, but only by working together, sharing knowledge and resources, and also having a entrepreneurial approach for monetizing the ideas.

A few words on what I do: In the day, I am a Marketing Manager at a software company, and at night, I am working at starting an NGO to support electronic/alternative music industry in Romania, and also I am trying to build a co-working space for the music community in Bucharest. That’s how I discovered that we have a pretty small community and that others only see their own interest…

On how can I help at this workshop, I can make a video montage with all the videos we will have after the workshop. I was also thinking at video streaming the workshop, but here we will need a good internet connection and also some help, because I’m not really sure how to do this. In general, I can help with not very complex graphic design and Wordpress websites, audio-video editing, helping in organizing and promoting events. I will also start promoting this workshop how much I can :slight_smile:

1 Like

NGO to support music community sounds great!

What would be your needs at this point? We’re trying to get a sense of both needs and skills of the people/projects in the community, to understand the potential for collaboration.

Your video montage and audio-editing skills sound awesome, since we were just thinking about how to make the most out of what @gabi_copoeru will document on video at the workshop. We were thinking of a short teaser to post immediately after the workshop + a 4 min video on what went on at the workshop and where we’re heading with the Edgeryders community in Bucharest. Any thoughts are very welcome, especially on the graphic design side.