SAVE THE DATE! June 24-26, Tbilisi!
From one community member to the other, but this time on a global level! On June 24th-26th, #Futurespotters from Armenia, Egypt, Georgia and continental Europe will come together in Tbilisi to inspire each other, to be matchmakers for projects, and to co-create future projects.
Georgia, a country situated in a region filled with a variety of mixed cultures, a rich history of combating kingdoms, invading empires and traveling tribes; all resulting in a wild blend of ancient traditions, fierce and proud people, and a volatile eruptive political field. This is where the Spot the Future project will have its first International community event.
Spot The Future is a platform for scanning the horizon for future builders in Armenia, Egypt and Georgia. We share experiences, mentor one another and collaborate on projects. Spot The Future brings together many of us on the planet who are trying out solutions (sometimes radical, sometimes risky!) to the most challenging problems our big society is faced with: economic, social, ecological, political issues, you name it.
Are you changing your community, or do you want to change your society? then join us to build collaboration among the pioneers - you! - of our future socioeconomic reality! You’ll have a chance to meet interesting people active in great future-building projects, discover initiatives around several different topics, and strengthen links between local and international actors.
For several months already, the discussion has taken place online, where people have shared their stories and ideas for change. For example, @firstname.lastname@example.org, from Georgia, who together with a group of activists has been protecting one of the central and largest parks in Tbilisi from development by occupying the site; or @SEDAchka, from Armenia, who is 29 and has 3 kids, and started the project: Ta-Ta: Mom’s Helper; and the inspiring ring road hack from Egypt, a collaborative initiative to build a road exit, shared with us via @Hazem!
Now it is time to share our gathered social capital in person! The goals and aims of our event are:
- Inspire each other;
- Talk to one another and find truth;
- Get new ideas and new perspectives;
- Learn from experiences of others in different parts of world;
- Co-design shared solutions and actions to problems;
- Find others to collaborate with;
- Matchmaking skills, projects and visions.
Guess what? The outcome of all this depends on what we make of it together! This is a #nospectators event. The more effort you, me and everyone we know put into preparing, documenting and following up after the event, the more concrete results will come out of the experience for everyone involved.
The event is free of charge and open to everyone. There are two ways you can come.
- The first is you just book your travel and accommodations and show up at the event (plan ahead and check visa rules here before). Let us know when you have done this by leaving a comment below so we can reserve you a ticket. Based on room capacity limits, we operate under "First come, first served".
- There is also a limited number of paid travel tickets available offered to community members whose valuable contributions for the event agenda and preparations are acknowledged by their peers - the more active you are in building it, the better your chances. Pick a task an help!
If you are unable to join in person, but are still very interested, feel free to join us online! We’ll be preparing the content here on the platform, and any input as to what or whom we should not miss is most welcome. We are connected with plenty of people doing interesting stuff all across Europe, so if you know of someone in the area who’d be interested to attend, simply point them to this post.
The event hashtag is #Futurespotters. We’ll make sure live tweeting/ updating is ON, as we’ll share the outputs of the workshop with everyone in the community.
Clickable version of image above available here.
Date: 2014-06-23 20:00:00 - 2014-06-25 20:00:00, Asia/Tbilisi Time.