Help Edgeryders help you to draw engagement and participation in your project. Post your news and calls to action below, and we will push it out through various channels including the mailing list. The format is:
[#yourprojecthashtag][Location][tag][kind of activity]: 1 sentence description of what is going on/main point. Call to action: URL
Please edit the wiki to add your content below
- [#futuremakers][Global][Learning][Crowdfunding]: We’re designing a crowdfunding/crowdsourcing campaign around the Future Makers project. Learn by doing here: [Campaign Design]
2. [#futuremakers][Global][Collaboration][Book Production]: Edgeryders are writing a handbook on grassroots collaboration, for time-hungry people running initiatives to learn from one another’s work. We’re calling on emergent influencers to shine a light on good people and projects! Read the call for contributions here [needs to be improved, see futurespotters call- much more inspiring]
3. [#futuremakers][Global][Community][Engagement]: Edgeryders is reaching out to the Wikipedia/Wikimedia and Openstreetmaps communities in an effort to reach out to active contributors to global commons. Follow the progress here
4. [#futurespotters][Bucharest][project][sharing]: How do we hack access to free water in big cities? Ana tells the story of a Bucharest campaign which seeks to convince the municipality (the mayor and the councilors) to construct a public network of water fountains throughout the city in order to provide free drinkable water for all residents and tourists. “If we achieve this, we will ensure that even underprivileged people living within the city have free and safe sources of drinkable water at their disposal” Know of a similar project in your area? Do share!
5. [#futurespotters][Bucharest][project][sharing]: Say hello to Funky Citizens! “You want to talk to people about reforming the party system, or about having more water fountains in Bucharest? There are different strategies that work for each case. It might happen that you will deal with a lot of data, and it’s only polite that you plot this data into an infographic instead of throwing it against your audience. I’d like to collect first-hand experiences from the audience regarding the way in which they unfold their causes’ story, so I can get inspiration for my story delivery.”
- [#Futuremakers][Nepal][Workshop][Content Production]: Matthias says: “If you ever have to organize a content-producing workshop in Kathmandu, look no further. This must be one of the best event debriefings out there, I’m really proud of working with this team” https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-nepal/writers-workshop-reflecting-on-a-really-long-day
[#Futuremakers][Egypt][Book][Case Study]: Read and comment Hegazy’s case study on an interesting peer-to-peer online learning initiative in Egypt.
[#Futuremakers][Ukraine][Book][Case Study] Do read and comment Natalie’s case studies [work in progress] about a community park project in Sloviansk, the Your Voice Project, and the Theatre Forum project in Ukraine.
[#Futuremakers][Georgia][Book][Case Study] Inge’s case study [work in progress] about the work of urban artists Mariam Natroshvili and Detu Jintcharadze in Georgia.
11. [#Futuremakers][Armenia][Book][Case Study] Read & Comment: Anna’s interview about a photo project done for women rural Armenia https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-case-studies-adventures/draft-4plus-documentary
12. [#Futuremakers][Egypt][Book][Case Study] Read on comment on Mustafas dream to revitalise Historic Cairo as a hub for social entrepreneurs
It is difficult, messy and ALOT of work to realise. And totally worth it. Come help build this! https://edgeryders.eu/en/node-4554/draft-future-makers-campaign-design … #futuremakers #book
#FutureMakers Nepal got to the last round of Hack the Quake - 15 out of 120. Pitching on wednesday: https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-nepal/raspberry-local-knowledge-servers
Interested in organisational by-products from which NGOs derive revenue? So is Cosmin :) https://edgeryders.eu/en/spot-the-future-bucharest/make-it-funky-how-to-revamp-citizenship #futurespotters #Bucharest
Shine a light on a future maker: Contact someone running an interesting project and interview them! https://edgeryders.eu/en/node-4554/task-4798 … #explore #learn
MT: Come meet @ladyniasan @Bzdmny @NoemiSalantiu ++ at this workshop in Bucharest in July. Not to be missed! https://vimeo.com/129957913
This must be one of the best event debriefings out there. We’re very proud of our Nepal crew: https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-nepal/writers-workshop-reflecting-on-a-really-long-day … #futuremakers #Nepal
“Who can teach me better than those filling my exact same spot within the Egyptian rigid #education system” - https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-case-studies-adventures/draft-nafham-peer-to-peer-online …
“I visited this heart of Egyptian startup capitalism with the intent of documenting a project worth knowing” https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-case-studies-adventures/draft-nafham-peer-to-peer-online … #mooc
Protests and repression right now in Armenia. 300 detained. Dear @edgeryders team and community, stay safe! https://edgeryders.eu/en/node-4554/protests-in-armenia …
Brilliant! #hackthequake has selected the Local Knowledge Servers as one of the finalist projects. https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-nepal/raspberry-local-knowledge-servers … #futuremakers
More lessons on how to do community-driven disaster response. This time, #FutureMakers #Nepal interviews BELIEVERS: https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-nepal/relief-work-is-temporary-social-work-is-permanent …