LOTE4 final program

Le sessioni marcate (IT) sono in italiano (parzialmente o completamente). Se volete partecipare a una sessione totalmente in inglese ma non parlate bene l’inglese, vi incoraggiamo a andare lo stesso – molte persone a LOTE4 sono bilingui e saranno contenti di aiutarvi.

This last week before the event we will be striving to arrive at a final version of the below, so expect small changes. Other than that, we are set to go! In case you’d like to change times for your session, please leave a comment below and we will find a solution.

All plenary sessions to be held in The Hall.

Day Zero – Thursday 23.10

18:00 - 19:00 Plenary – Meet and greet. Rules of the space and documentation; getting to know each other (facilitated by Nadia); understanding and respecting the unMonastery
20:00 Dinner

Day One – Friday 24.10

10:00-11:30 Becoming Stewards. Can communities take care of public assets? A very diverse conversation (Amelia Andersdotter, Fabrizio Barca, Matthias Ansorg, Nadia El-Imam, Robin Chase)
Room The Hall The Cave The Meeting Room
11:30-12:30 Stewardship and Reliability OpenEthnographer: doing online ethnography with Edgeryders Stewardship for the Long Journey: how we safeguard the Hexayurt Project (FOSS refugee shelters)
12:30 - 13:30 Utopianlab: a story of a coworking spaced

Follow-up is Everything

Our Data Coop: Intelligent Sharing for Community Benefit (Slides)

13:30-14:30 Lunch
14:30 - 15:30

Thumb in the eye of society

Pirate Utopias, Psychotopology of Everyday Life, and Ratholes in the Babylon of Information [original proposal no longer online]

Open Source Participation: fulfilling motivations

15:30 - 16:30 CoderDojo: from unMonastery to Matera, a story of inclusive, collaborative, fun learning by Azzura (IT) unMonastery - the critiqe and the future by locals #temporarycustodians: Sharing Assets + Islington Mill: case study for a community of stewards
16:30-17:30 Wrapping up: (facilitators present insights from the sessions, documentation uploaded, open discussion)
18:30 (Public facing event, in Italian) Case study adventures: storie di comunità e di beni pubblici in Basilicata e nel mondo
20:00-22:00 Dinner and evening program

Day Two – Saturday 25.10

10:00-11:30 Plenary – Keynote: Nadia El-Imam and others. Case Study Adventures
11:30 - 12:30

Stewarding the stewards - organising that enhances our capacity to care

Mapping memories, building shared identities The Future of Care in the Hands of Hackers?
12:30 - 13:30

Using online tools to map/serve/render visible offline communities

unExpansion

Designing for water stewardship: A holistic approach to IoT with the Open Droplet water flow metre
14:30 - 15:30 Wiring the Swarm: Edgeryders collaboration dojo Makerfox Projects Live Demo: Crowdfunding the Commons with no Money How tourism can help rural areas?
15:30 - 16:30 3rd Festival of Solidarity & Cooperative Economy- Another world is here, be part of it Is the future of disaster response in hands of stewards of digital data, networks, platform? Learning to Learn about futures thinking
16:30-17:30 Freestyling Fun T-Shirts for Edgeryders
17:30-19:00 Plenary –Wrapping up: final panel, to be organised and participated by curators- documentation)
19:00 Dinner
20:00-22:00 Party

Day Three – Sunday 26.10 UNCONFERENCE organised entirely by the community. (sessions to be proposed onsite)

10:30 - 11:30

Creating Playful Systems or “Why Games Are The Most Important Thing In The World”

unMonastery-in-a-box Petrolio: come gestire una risorsa così delicata (IT)
11:30 - 12:30

Edgesense: stewarding online conversation with network analysis

Shaking up the World - Stewarding Cultural Heritage and Exchange Across Continents Common Libraries: stewarding intellectual property assets for community benefit
12:30 - 13:30

New Entities: New world circumstances enable new ways to make your project happen

THE ART OF STEWARDSHIP IN PROJECTS, MEETINGS AND SELF-CARE - unconference session at lote

Prinzessinen Garten - agriculture in the city

14:30 - 15:30 Transitions: Challenges and Opportunities (Patrick) Funding and Governance of Large Platforms (Robin) What New Entities? (Cont.) (Leo)
15:30 - 16:30 Non-Evil IoT (Kat) Art vs Science (Helen and Jimmy) Small Networks, Local Platforms (Cass)
16:30 - 17:30 Your Session The \#HackCare Manifesto (Yesterday's session Cont.) (Remy and Ben) Your Session
18:30-19:30 Plenary – unConferece debriefing. Care of the community.
20:00 Dinner
21:00 Final party at Area8 (DJ Natalia)

*On program architecture

It is curated to include the three conference tracks: Stewarding Physical Assets, Digital Assets or Communities. To allow for maximum diversity and exchanges, we haven’t built tracks per conference room, rather we mixed them.

Also, we have have had dozens of sessions proposed by participants, and in order to include them all we have reserved equal slots of one hour for each. Unless plenaries are specified, all sessions will take place in parrallel to each other (see table columns above) in rooms that will be designated and signaled upon your arrival in Matera.

1 Like

Don’t divide by track, I think

I don’t think we should have one room per track. It adds rigidity unnecessary rigidity. Removing now.

one session is there twice

Mapping memories, building shared identities session is there twice. The right one should be the one on the 25th.

Sunday should be unconference

@Natalia_Skoczylas, if you look back at the stub you will see that I had reserved Sunday for an unconference. We are trying NOT to plan any conference session for that day – barring some special needs of the proponents. I suggest you fill the slots in Days One and Two first!

adding another session

How can I add another session? I have 2 - one unMonastery related and one for Ramona. @Alberto, @Natalia_Skoczylas pinging you.

session 1.

unExpansion - proposed by Katalin Hausel and Bembo Davies

To be consistent with their own advice, Bembo Davies and Katalin Hausel decided to run a follow-up to our "Follow-up is Everything" session.  While "Follow-up" is focusing on findings while working on The Book of Greater and Lesser Omissions (B-GLO), "unExpansion" is a workshop to tweak concrete plans for the (very) near future of the unMonastery.  While still digesting the triumphs and tribulations of the prototype, we have received several offers from various backgrounds to open unMonasteries. Is it advisable to spread fast? How many unMonasteries would it be ideal or advisable to open in 2015? 

The combination of time frame, recruiting strategies, project descriptions and stakeholder expectations for unMon Matera proved to be treacherously constrictive and led to stress levels and to burn-out that we had hoped to leave behind . Under what conditions can we avoid these happening? What kind of time framework shall we focus on? What kind of conditions shall we set as minimum requirements from the host community?In light of the unMonastery Matera prototype what kind of tangible results can we realistically offer?   Do we need a "Manual for unMonastery Stakeholders" before we start negotiations? 

Prerequisites: 

We would like participants to get familiar with the Book of Greater and Lesser Omissions, and attend  the “Follow-up is everything” session. 

This workshop should consist of 2x60 minutes sessions, one right after "Follow up is everything", and the second one is a day or so later. 

@Alberto, I tried to stick to what was written in the  session proposals - some dates were default, but maybe some people wanted them on the days they actually chose. Now I will write to those who scheduled for Sunday and make an agreement with them.

@Katalin @Bembo, so i suggest we merge the Bembo’s session with yours about the Follow up and move it on Suday for the Unconference. Same with the other presentation/workshop you want to make. What you do is that you start a session - https://edgeryders.eu/en/sessions-at-lote4-the-stewardship, same applies to Ramona’s proposal. Once these are done, I put them in the schedule.

@Edgeryders - i have got fantastic news. I attended with @NicoBis the big gathering of Lucan associations this morning. We were plenty, and the discussion was thick, touching variety of problems related to the everyday existence of these entities and their future scenarios, regardless to what will happen on 17th of October. What is important - we will be mentioned in the local press as part of the big Lucano group of activists interested in the future of the place, and the sceptics decided to resume dialogue with us. We reconciled. I am extremely proud of this result, it took me a while but now we surely have Andrea’s and Sergio’s interest, moreover, Stefania approached me to ask about a possibility of adding something to the program. Tonight most probably I will get two more local initiatives to come and present themselves. Seems like my mission is going in the right direction, but I won’t praise myself before 26th;)

2 Likes

amazing

@Natalia_Skoczylas! Fantastic news!

I also added already here the two sessions I needed to. I did not see it possible to still upload sessions, but I will try.

session 2. - proposed by Ramona Bavassano

Shaking up the World - Stewarding Cultural Heritage and Exchange Across Continents

Ramona Bavassano presents “Brasilicata Tour”, a case study in creating global , sustainable development processes through cultural exchange and the voluntary commitment of an international network of professionals active in different areas of the cultural industry, and thanks to a non-monetary approach based on an exchange of services and hospitality.

Brasilicata Tour started as an experimental project in 2013 and with a impressive amount of cordinated actions in the summer of  2014. It’s a year-long exchange that brings Lucano artists to Brazil during European winter and viceversa in the warm season, testing the feasibility of rural tourism development for people interested in re-discovering the human capital belonging to the cultural heritage of Italy. Brasilicata Tour is working to create multimedia materials for the documentation and narration of the process through digital diaries, the use of social media and mouth-to-mouth communication among like-minded people in different parts of the world.

Ramona presents Brasilicata to the Edgeryders community in order to get ideas and people for her other project, an eco-village devoted to the sharing of knowledge and the research on art and sustainability, in Jamaica. The project WELCOMING VIBES realizes in Jamaica a planned process of creation of  a sustainable community of multicultural people wishing to live for short or long periods in the beautiful location of Treasure Beach, in the Southern Coast of Jamaica, enjoying eternal spring, unspoiled nature and being part of a relevant process of social and cultural innovation.

Ramona Bavassano has trained as a psychologist and works as a management consultant with more than twenty years of experience, for big and small, private and public companies in Italy, Europe, Asia and Latin America. She deals with the development of human potential and capacity building in areas such as Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Managerial Training, Coaching, Creating Entrepreneurship, Local Development, Marketing and Social Responsibility.

Fun T-Shirts for Edgeryders

Didn’t find the Fun - T- Shirt session on the timetable. Does that mean, it is not going to happen? I don’t mean to insist, it’s only about my preparations - and stuff, I would need to bring with me - or not…

Thankyou for answering.

Cheers

Anna

sorry this is our mistake. I will put it here asap;)

Missing session added

@hexayurt's session was uploaded just recently and missed it here, so I added it on Saturday after lunch. Vinay does this work for you?

I was just about to do it @Noemi :wink: thank you;)

Hm…

Kinda late in the day - lot of concepts from that session will clarify and remove friction from the stewardship discussions in general.

Any way to bring it forwards? Ideally I’d like to seed the conversation with some of those concepts earlier in LOTE so they can clear the way for other conversations to happen more easily.

@hexayurt changed

Do we secure a two-hours slot for Basilicata’s stewardship examples on Sunday for example? @Alberto

@NicoBis and me are in touch with various organisations which would like to participate and share their experiences.

Yes! Let’s do a Mapjam

They tell us about their work, we put everything in the case study excell sheet and then upload everything into the stewardship map…

@Alberto I have seen you moved the speakers from sunday to public facing event. In this case the session on Sunday is not happening anymore, cannot really bother them twice, also I have to check if they all want to speak in public. And I probably have one or two more people talking in this session. OK?

@hexayurt @danohu - would you like to merge the sessions together? At the moment they happen at the same time and the materia they touch upon is similar - would that work better if you prepare it together? Just a suggestion, if not we leave it like this. Please reply asap.

2 requests: change millies session to different time, help merge

Hey guys

1. @ElaMi5 and I would like to go to one another’s sesions but they are at the same time, possible to swap hers to a different time? (not sure we can move mine because it depends on when @JenniferR arrives- we’re doing it together).

2. We need help merging some of the sessions in the  Stewarding Communities track because there are at least 15 proposals and several have similar/complimentary topics. @rmchase are there any you think we can ask to merge?